The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Royal Saphire Pearl

kins

What years and engines do RSP mkiv supra's come in?

I'm after a non VVTI, 6 speed, twin turbo supra in RSP is there such a thing? What year/s will they come in?

Anbody know of one for sale?

Same questions again for Quick Silver.

Thanks,

Karl [GRIN][/GRIN]

There's a limit on the aftermarket intake cams, think only HKS do a 264 VVTi specific intake cam. Need an ECU that has VVTi control, the Motec does, the AEM RACE can and the Solaris one can (think there's more options for VVTi control with this, open and closed loop, speak to RyanG).

I just stuck with stock cams in mine and it flies :)

There's a limit on the aftermarket intake cams, think only HKS do a 264 VVTi specific intake cam. Need an ECU that has VVTi control, the Motec does, the AEM RACE can and the Solaris one can (think there's more options for VVTi control with this, open and closed loop, speak to RyanG).

I just stuck with stock cams in mine and it flies :)

PM sent to you sir!

I've got one, exactly the stated spec. Early '97 TT6 non-vvti in RSP - facelift model, but earlier than the vvti was introduced. Jap import only - UK models never came in RSP from the factory as the colour was only introduced during the facelift, making it available from very late in '96 onwards.

I've got one, exactly the stated spec. Early '97 TT6 non-vvti in RSP - facelift model, but earlier than the vvti was introduced. Jap import only - UK models never came in RSP from the factory as the colour was only introduced during the facelift, making it available from very late in '96 onwards.

This is the bad boy I am looking for. What's yours like? Fancy selling it? I've asked Jurgen to see if he can find one for me :D

I bought a RSP single turbo VVTi (from Jake). I can assure you, it's not lacking performance. ;)

(The spec is in Jake's garage, I'm too lazy to add it to mine.)

I'm sure your motor and car isn't shy!! :)

However from what I've reseached the VVTI's are good to modify up to a certian point, but then you hit a wall by the restriction of the VVTI head and it's supporting modifications. I would like to have as little restriction as possible. The facelift VVTI's seem to hold there premium to.

I plan to fit a SP67 kit and race intake manifold to a non VVTI and I'm currently researching what EMS to go for.... Solaris seems to be all the hype right now but I'm looking for somehthing that will be well supported by the community and tuners for years to come. I had a bad experience buying an Exede (all the hype at the time) piggyback type ECU for my Evo VIII and now it's about as useful as a paperweight because tuners have advanced ECU-reflash technology so much.

Anyways I digress... my colour of choice is RSP. My engine of choice is non VVTI because I want to get it right first time and I don't want to be restricted by the head. If I was looking for a stock car to drive I'd go VVTI but because of my modification plans I'd like to go non VVTI. Another reason for me to go non VVTI is that I have good contacts with american tuners such as Sound Performance....they don't have VVTI motors over here and thus don't have modifications to support this engine. What I'm saying is chances are I'll be buying parts from the US so the non VVTI motor is probably the better motor for me to go for.

I'm hearing you on the NA to non VVTI conversion and the non VVTI head on VVTI engine but this is all extra time, money and work. If I can find the ideal car from the get go it's less hassle for me. Trouble is it's finding the bloody thing.... rare as rocking horse poop by the sounds of it.

I bought a RSP single turbo VVTi (from Jake). I can assure you, it's not lacking performance. ;)

(The spec is in Jake's garage, I'm too lazy to add it to mine.)

Steve... your car / Jakes old car looks lush! Very nice mate. I've been looking at the CCW SP20 wheels for mine...very similar to your wheels hahah. How do you like the motec? Is it well supported? Do you feel the VVTI is holding you back?

Our cars could turn out looking very similar (evil twin perhaps)... I say that but I need to find the car first.... I guess I mean the car I am putting together in my head lol

Edited by kins (see edit history)

why limit yourself to non VVTi

VVti's are not that difficult to tune

you have some good HKS f-con mappers over there, the unit is plug & play, & Reg Reimer @ Sonic is over in Canada (depends how deep your pockets are)......keeps the drive by wire throttle as well with the vvti.

Why would you not want to keep the det protection?.

puzzled

John

Edited by foodfreak
spelling (see edit history)