The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do u use for polish/wax/painttreatment

Lacoste82

I think you'll find people here use a very wide variety of products, what budget do you have in mind and how much time would you dedicate to a shiny session?

Some people want to spend £10 and 10 minutes, others are happy to spend silly money and a week making the car look pretty :)

lol, yea u are right! Well let me put it this way, my other car i had it treated at a Ditec guy, u know like a proff. painttreatment, so u never have to polish/wax it again, and u only have to wash it with water, no soap - Aslong as the car gets a "followup" treatment every second year! But i sorta regreated doing this, as there is some pleasure in having a newly polished car - AND NO, IM NOT JUST POLISHING ANY CAR PARKED IN MY DRIVEWAY! [GRIN][/GRIN] :0)

So im probably looking for whatever brand of wax/polish or complete threatment "system" that comes closest to a proffessional "makeover"

With a black car i always find, autoglym is the best stuff to use. But i did a trial and error on the ultradeep shine bottle of polish, the one with the black square and have never looked back, its unbelieveable, can use it on any dark colours. Its kind of like a tcut - polish all in one. Once finished it looks like a brand new car. ;)

With a black car i always find, autoglym is the best stuff to use. But i did a trial and error on the ultradeep shine bottle of polish, the one with the black square and have never looked back, its unbelieveable, can use it on any dark colours. Its kind of like a tcut - polish all in one. Once finished it looks like a brand new car. ;)

I hate autoglym, very dusty and dont give the best shine imo, i tried DODO JUICE Blue Velvet for a while which gave good results but i found it hard to use and took me ages to do the car, im using a wax i got at JAE now, gives great results and is easy to use, i forget the name but will report back when ive unpacked. (in process of moving home)

To be fair the Autoglym Ultra deep shine isn't half as dusty as the SRP (which i don't like) and does give it a deeper shine.

I've tried the Zymol stuff that you can buy from Halfords - not very impressed. Tried some Pinnacle Liquid Souveran which seemed ok.

I think the Meguires paint cleaner works well as a first stage but obviously then need a poilsh/wax over it.

What do you use Micheal?

once every 6 months i use the meguiars 3 stage, with a coat of autoglym ultradeep on the top. (takes a few hours tho). Then just wash with the meguairs NXT shampoo(very good) then ultra deep for normal washes...

links...

http://www.autogeek.net/mg12664.html

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_204935_langId_-1_categoryId_165527

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=MRSA2116

• 5 months later...
I hate autoglym, very dusty and dont give the best shine imo, i tried DODO JUICE Blue Velvet for a while which gave good results but i found it hard to use and took me ages to do the car, im using a wax i got at JAE now, gives great results and is easy to use, i forget the name but will report back when ive unpacked. (in process of moving home)

Bit late getting back to this, ive tried a couple of others now and still keep going back to the Finish kare 2685, gives great results and so easy to use, just need to find where i can buy it now as this tin is nearly gone, any ideas?:)