The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My MoTeC M600 probably for sale soon

SteveR

Sorry for the half-arsed not fully committed thread title, but would anyone out there be interested in the above?

Also my RLTC with the dial adjustor would be available and my Blitz boost controller too.

(I thinking of switching to a Solaris as - for one - it'd be easier to make the most of the VVTi)

If I go for it, I currently expect these items to be available mid/late December; just in time for a Christmas present perhaps!? :innocent:

I thought the Motec was supposed to work well on the VVTI's? Is it not worth saving some pennies and just having a play with what you've already got?

Yes and no. I'm 99.9% sure I want the gadgetry of the Solaris (e.g. the datalogging abilty - I fancy having a play with that when I'm at tracks).

There is more to it than that but underneath it all they are both very capable ECUs so I suppose the toy factor swings it for me. :D

Are you feeling alright Steve? Getting rid of the best ECU out there, which is already mapped for your car, and swapping it for the current flavour of the month ECU which will need mapping from scratch? Doesn't seem like good a plan to me mate.

:shrug:

Why not get the VVTi wired up to the MoTeC and get the mapping tweaked to suit?

If you are selling advertise on Racecarsdirect, I had 27enquires when I get a little time I'll forward them on to you

Personally I think its a bad idea, for the money spent on mapping you could buy their FBW control or an expander module which basically makes it a M800,

The only benefit I can see is the price of the solaris, if you have spent the initial outlay already on the motec theres not really much point:search:

I expect resale on the Motec will always be high, expect no less than 1200, and thats very low tbh I sold mine for 1550 - with wideband lambda enabled and advanced datalogging, far too low

If you are selling advertise on Racecarsdirect, I had 27enquires when I get a little time I'll forward them on to you

Personally I think its a bad idea, for the money spent on mapping you could buy their FBW control or an expander module which basically makes it a M800,

The only benefit I can see is the price of the solaris, if you have spent the initial outlay already on the motec theres not really much point:search:

I expect resale on the Motec will always be high, expect no less than 1200, and thats very low tbh I sold mine for 1550 - with wideband lambda enabled and advanced datalogging, far too low

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated especially about the price if I do decide to go for it as I wasn't quite sure if ~£1500 was asking too much for a 2nd hand unit that is 'only' £2000 new.

Does it have any options enabled?

£1400 and you'll have people falling over themselves, £1500 and will probably take around 3weeks to sell, depends on were you advertise it, beware of scammers - I personally would never sell abroad again:rolleyes:

TBH I'm not sure and niether is Ryan (typical that I though of asking him after SupraPod and he's nowhere near my car! :rolleyes:) I suspect not, but would confirm nearer the time. How much is it to get what options? I'm not after squeezing every last penny from its sale (miy missis is from Yorkshire, not me ;)), but helping fund the Solaris would be useful.