The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra owner (nearly)

Guest Chewy

Hi guys!

I've put my deposit on a imported supra tt. Waiting for it to be registered. Should be able to pick up on thursday.

Can anyone recommend a garage to get the cambelt changed in the midlands area.

Thanks

Originally posted by Chewy

Hi guys!

I've put my deposit on a imported supra tt. Waiting for it to be registered. Should be able to pick up on thursday.

Can anyone recommend a garage to get the cambelt changed in the midlands area.

Thanks

Hi,

Welcome to the BBS.

If you can spare the time, I would take it to Chris Wilsons. He is based in North Shropshire.

I wouldnt take my car to anyone else!

Paul.

Thanks! Do you have his web site, or a contact number. Any idea on costs of a cambelt change?

All info is here:

Chris Wilson

[email protected]

http://www.formula3.freeserve.co.uk

Race and performance road car preparation, servicing

and development. Full machine shop, custom suspension

development. Based in North Shropshire, SY13 2BT.

Paul.

Chewy, congrats on your wise choice and i take it you want to change the cambelt for piece of mind?

Whilst a sensible move i would point out that should you not be able to get it done straight away it is not the potentially engine destroying event that it is with a lot of engines. The cambelt letting go in a standard cammed TT will cause no serious engine damage (so i've been told and read). So no need to let this stress you out :)

thats reassuring scooter, thanks!

was worried, didn't drive it too hard on test drive. Still not felt the full potential yet.

I searched for mine on the net for weeks til i found the right one.

I've never driven rwd car before, sort of scares me. I know not to acc too hard round corners, any advice?

I also have a audi ur quattro. Its a very good car round corners, especially in wet conditions.

P.S. thank you all for your help. I'm sure i'll be needing more answers

Cheers!

Welcome Chewy

My advice qwould be to really treat this car with a lot of respect. It can have a nasty habit of using its rear end to come round and bite your rear end - if you know what I mean.

Initially I would really take time to get used to the car - then have fun - and fun - and fun ad infinitum! :D

Originally posted by defcom

HI guys can anyone give me advice on what to look for when buying a supra TT auto manny thanx:thumbs:

Nothing more than buying a manual one really except check the box doesnt slip , they are allmost bulletproof so you should be safe .

No rattles

no smoke when on over run then throttle

signs of accident damage

bald tyres

worn carpet (expensive)

etc etc

Dude:flame Dev

OMFG!!! I was under the impression that Chris was based waaay down south! In fact he is only 51.8miles away from me! Reeeeesult!!

At least I know I can get to someone who I can trust, and is well trusted, up this end of the country. Im loathe to let anyone local touch it (when she comes)!

Originally posted by Paul R

SY13 2BT

Originally posted by paulfurn

OMFG!!! I was under the impression that Chris was based waaay down south! In fact he is only 51.8miles away from me! Reeeeesult!!

At least I know I can get to someone who I can trust, and is well trusted, up this end of the country. Im loathe to let anyone local touch it (when she comes)!

He is close yes.

It may take you a while to find him the first time though as he is out in the sticks!

I still drive past it by accident sometimes now, mistaking it for a field! :D

Paul.

I've never driven rwd car before, sort of scares me. I know not to acc too hard round corners, any advice?

what wheel widths and tyres do you have front and rear? low tread or poor quality rear tyres can make for entertaining / scarey handling. Fresh imports can come in with low speed rating jap tyres, or the importer may fit new tyres but these always tend to be the budget brands.

IMO with good tyres and in the DRY the sup needs excessive (almost reckless) amounts of accelerator/steering input to get majorly out of shape, in the wet the rear is alot more prone to step out (and keep going!) when your not expecting it to, but still not a liability it just demands your full concentration / attention.

You could also look into RLTC (Race Logic Traction Control) which many members swear by and is far superior to the stock system which is regarded as poor or even dangerous depending on who you talk to.

chewy

alright m8

its lee off the quattro forum, see you found it then

good luck with your supra mate, you wont go far wrong with advice from these guys.

they'll tell you how to wear your medallion, how many buttons to have open on your shirt and which way to comb your chest hair.............:D :D

lee

Originally posted by skylinelee

good luck with your supra mate, you wont go far wrong with advice from these guys.

they'll tell you how to wear your medallion, how many buttons to have open on your shirt and which way to comb your chest hair.............:D :D

lee

Well judging from the TOTB video I just watched, either Rocket Ronnie is a closet supra lover, or people have been wrongly informed for too long and its actually Skyliners that are the medallion men ;) :p :D

thanks for all the info lads. Will be taking it easy in the sup til i get it on a track to test the limit. Tyres were getting bold.Will be looking for new tyres. I'll post the question on tyre choice once i get the sup.

how dare you post that comment here as well lee.

come on boys! release the hounds!

i'm also on supra.co.uk . Photos of my ur are i the gallery if you want to take a look at it lee. Taken when i first got it, will get better ones on there soon.