The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Im very upset

Guest Nizam

Hi mate last week i was ready to do my headlight to put new lense. I bought the lense from suprattgaz group buy from last fews months ago.

what happen is last week i was finding hard to do my self and i decide not to do my self. I was asking jay who from Darlington.

Jay done his refurb his headlight before but he never done put new lense before. He told he can do housing but he cannot do lense. Seem he is really honest guy and he is smart. He told me he don't mind doing my headlight for help no charge! but he really he is too busy all the time. So he don't have much time. I text him few time and he still busy. evantually i was so despressed that i want my headlight done and make it look good.

I asked heckler and ray the roof. I ask heckler if he can do it my headlight and he said he could it but he only can do housing refurb but he know that he can able to put new lense, unfortunately he said he said it not very good and poor quality.

I be honest heckler done really good and i know he can do anything.

Ray the roof don't have much time to do it but he said he will do it when he let me know. So it been a month so i can't be bother with him to wait.

I asked hodge he said he can do it for me and i know he done really good job aswell. He told me he only can do for a week but i told him i would need to be done in 2 or 3 days. Plus i suppose to give him but i don't have much time to meet him cos i work 6 days. It my fault i should give him and i know he could do it as a good job so i won't have a nighmare.

last week we had a great deal with gary who from ferryhill which is near my place. take about 30mins to drive.

He said he can put new lense and paint black inside. So we had good deal to give him vibe speaker plus 60quid.

60quid is include to fit my headlight, and hid light. so i gave him my headlight and he said he will finish this saturday.

I was't sure if he can do it and some people told me that he is doggy but really i don't belive that. Gary done fit my three gauges and he done really good job, so that why i give him do my headlight .but still i was a bit afraid and nightmare since wednesday because in my mind is telling me he will not doing good job.

On friday i was chatting with him on msn he ask me do i want to paint black from silver ring and no way just paint outside from silver ring.

He said ok but i already told him i want to paint black inside and leave silver ring before i give him. Also i gave him guide from suprattgaz which incase if he stuck.

On saturday i was waiting for him to come at 10am but he did't turn up or call me. I rang him he said still he hav't finish yet. So he told me come this monday night. I was thinking alot why he said monday night to fit my hid and put fit my headlight in. I told him it too dark and we can't fit hid light in nighttime, Gary told me he have to come this monday night about 6insh i said to him ok.

Monday yesterday he came at my house and i was hoping if he done good job. I told him i like to check my headlight first please. Gary show me and im was still having nightmare and upset because the way i look at what has he done. It HORRIBE JOB! painting inside is awful,chrome ring there few stracth like silver come off. and he hav't done at all properly. It hard to explain.

let me tell you clear what he has done, the lense he hav't fit in right and i could see there is gap which mean like he hav't put glue and screw. He done two screw in headlight lense but it has put big screw in, he done wrong way to puttin screw in plus he hav't put filling on top of the screw to make smooth and paint.

I would like to say it terribe job and need some more work to put screw in,painting,paint silver chrome ring and fit lense on right place.

Gary told me is nightmare plus he got my cash and speaker :( I told him can he come tomorrow need to finish my headlight and he said yeh will come and fit my hid light. Now im upset he did't turn up.

I took my headlight out, leave at home and im still looking for someone who could do it. I would have to ask Hodge even Hodge know him.

What can i do now? ask him to refund my money back and speaker? I don't want to put dispute cos i know gary but not much to know him. Gary is nice bloke and he is good mechanic but not headlight lense. should i ask him give my my half money back or full?

In my heart i hate when is go something wrong. I suppose to give hodge or Jay i guess. Them two are doing good job but damn it my fault!

So can i ask you guy what can i do?

Need to sort out my headlight. I spoke the man who work car bodywork and he said he could do it. He know what is like doing the job and he has done his toyota MR2. i might give it him to do it fit properly but still wasting my money :(

Now should i ask him give my monney back or something? I don't want to have fight. Im in pain is like im rip off :(:(

Gary used to online here username i think sue_gray

I hope you can help me what to do.

thank you :(

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was hard work. I think we need pictures to understand exactly what the problem is with the lights.

With regards to "I asked heckler and ray the roof. I ask heckler if he can do it my headlight and he said he could it but he only can do housing refurb but he know that he can able to put new lense, unfortunately he said he said it not very good and poor quality." are you saying Heckler said he wouldn't do the lenses because they wouldn't fit?

Just follow the guide and do the headlight yourself? You seemed to know everything that was done wrong/badly. Put the rest down to experence, don't use 'dodgy gary' again and don't go to yet more people who haven't done the job on a SUPRA's headlight.

Pay cheap, and you'll pay twice. If you want a proper job doing, DIY or go to the known experts and wait till they have time.

That was hard work. I think we need pictures to understand exactly what the problem is with the lights.

With regards to "I asked heckler and ray the roof. I ask heckler if he can do it my headlight and he said he could it but he only can do housing refurb but he know that he can able to put new lense, unfortunately he said he said it not very good and poor quality." are you saying Heckler said he wouldn't do the lenses because they wouldn't fit?

no he said he won't do for my lense anyway. what can i do now :(

Wow! That was hard to read! Still don't understand exactly what you're trying to do Niz. Why not take it to Toyota? Or have a go at it yourself. Sounds like you won't be happy with anyone else doing it

I ask heckler if he can do it my headlight and he said he could it but he only can do housing refurb but he know that he can able to put new lense, unfortunately he said he said it not very good and poor quality.

Dont drag me in to this - I olny gave you my personal opinion and what I thought - this is nothing against suprattgaz as I know he's put huge amounts of effort in doing this for the club.

Dont drag me in to this - I olny gave you my personal opinion and what I thought - this is nothing against suprattgaz as I know he's put huge amounts of effort in doing this for the club.

you don't nothing wrong. I belive you what you said to me other day.

some of member here who done new lense they doing well and i cannot belive what gary has done :(

Chin up old bean...you'll get it fixed in no time :)

i wish i could do it and i know what im doing but still is risk for me.

what a shame to me :(