The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of buying a supra.

Guest torino

Hi there, i'm thinking of getting an n/a manual and thought this would be a good place to start!

Been running MR2's for the last few years and considering changing to a supra (or turbo MR2) can't really afford a TT though :(

Anyway, thought i'd say hi, and if anyones selling a reasonably priced n/a manual, let me know :D

Rob.

Hi, yeah, i've been wanting a supra for ever, really enjoying the MR2 though, just fancy a change.

Seems like there are quite a few bargins about at the moment huh!

lol, yeah, gotta sell the mr2 first, but wanting to go back to FR as aposed to transverse mid engine! can't beat proper rear drive IMO.

I did a Toyota sprint in the MR2, so might have a go in a supra when i get one, what are these things like in standard form? i'm guessing they're not as nimble around corners as the MR2?

Anyone got/had both for comparison?

Cheers,

well i had an MR2 Rev2 Turbo about 2 years back. now the mr2 felt smaller so i thought i could get more brave with it etc. but the supra is a totally different animal, the power comes like buckets! you expect it to cut out soon for a gear change but your only at 5k rpm so much more to go yet (based on TT lol). also round corners the mr2 was a bit more grippy, the supra though loves getting its rear end out, again down to the power! driving wise the supra feels bigger obviously but feels more solid and stable on the road. an mr2 might go round a bend quicker but it will eat a supras dust on the exit.

Hi and welcome ! :hi:

had my na for 2 yrs now, and it hasn't missed a beat, occasional idle problem , due to a cracked dizzy cap i think, hasn't done since in damp conditions .

always wanted one, so got one ! havn't regretted one bit, rear ends very twitchy tho , as i found out :bang:

if its poseing get an na , if you want power get a turbo SIMPLE AS ! OR start off with a na and get a conversion to turbo later on , can be done around the 2.0 / 3k mark i think, prices vary .

All the best and good luck ;)

if its poseing get an na , if you want power get a turbo SIMPLE AS ! OR start off with a na and get a conversion to turbo later on , can be done around the 2.0 / 3k mark i think, prices vary .

All the best and good luck ;)

I don't think an N/A will push any buttons coming from an MR2 tubby! My mate has one and it's a beast!! A TT Supra will be what this guy's after, like me!! :D

Lol, i have an N/A mr2 atm, although am also considering a turbo mr2.........

Havn't sold the MR2 yet, so the supra hunt is on hold for the time being

Gonna stick about and see what comes up though, lol.

Thanks. Rob.

Oh by the way, i'm in Writtle nr Chelmsford Mikey, where abouts are you?

Guest howie700
Go for it. Supras are in a different class and you can take a couple of mates to the pub in it. Just make sure you have a big enough wallet. It can get addictive, think Ive had 5 or so

Just remember that the one in the back has to have no legs.. They are addictive though and the best fun on wheels......

• 2 years later...
Guest torino

Hi guy's, well can't believe i've been trying to buy a soop for soooo long, but I'm sorry to say that although I am a new owner of a supra I've gone for..........a mkiii :tongue:

Just had a tight budget and couldn't live with an N/A, so got a UK Turbo Manual, pretty happy with it, the MKiii's have been growing on me for a few years, and as much as i'd love a 2JZ, 8-10k for a manual car is just not in my budget :(

229709_10150337859701424_760341423_9711106_3413208_n.jpg