The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Private reg question - help

4leks

Got myself private reg & just about to send Certificate of Entitlement to my local DVLA office. Question is - what happens with my existing plate? It does say on the back of the Certificate that it will be withdrawn. It is just normal L reg so I dont really require to retain it. But what is gonna happen when I sell this car & want to transfer my private plate? Would my L plate be "reserved" for my car kind of automatically or I would have to buy another standard L reg? Or shall I retain existing plate by filling V317 form to put it back in a future? Thx

It goes back into the DVLA system, but as it's just a 'normal' plate chances are it'll still be available when you come to transfer the private plate off your car, so to make things easy they put the old plates back on :)

Ah, ok, thx a lot

I thought in case of transferring private plate off the car the car becomes "plateless" & you're obliged to buy a new reg to put the plates on ;)