The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Brake Light

Stevie72

Does the Jap Spec Brake Light (on boot lid under spoiler) fit a UK Spec (93 Plate)?

The UK TT i have has (i believe) a dummy light (as i believe the UK only have the LED's fitted from 95 onwards) , but the J Spec has light and LED's - if i were to buy J Spec could i get it fitted to a UK TT?

Thanks

Steve

It bolts straight in but the wiring isn't there.

If I remember correctly, the plug is in the bootlid and goes down one side of the car and stops next to the rear seat. To get it working you have to run a wire across the back of the car to the rear brake light wire and tap in to that.

Edited by ADL Mark
Makes more sense now.. (see edit history)

It bolts straight in but the wiring isn't there.

If I remember correctly, the plug is in the bootlid and goes down one side of the car and stops next to the rear seat. To get it working you have to run a wire across the back of the car to the rear brakes lights and tap in to that.

Sounds about right. A search should find a decent write up with pics on which wires you need to be splicing into. I think Chief Groover wrote it :)