The mkiv Supra Owners Club

which supra

Guest davy1100

Guest davy1100

hi folks im new here and im on the hunt for a supra i dont want an auto and i want a facelift one id eventually like to go down the single turbo route and id like some advice on what would be my best model to start with an sz ,sz r or tt any help would be much appreciated :)

Guest davy1100

not sure which model to go for ie is there much more work turbo ing an na or easier to convert a tt and is any model better than others sz , sz r or tt ive read the write up on them in here but still not sure which one

Have you driven high powered rwd cars before?

:yeahthat:

Do you have a budget? If you can stretch to single turbo money and you can handle 500bhp plus to the rear wheels go for one ready built. From what people have said on here that have gone TT to Single, your looking at £5K for a good build without cutting corners. Going N/A to T will liberate maybe another 100-120bhp from the standard 220bhp N/A so it depends how power hungry you are.

Getting the power down in the wet is another issue, with so much power on tap you could find it spinning in 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear so it may not be so usable on a daily basis....horses for courses ;)

If your used to FWD cars of about 120bhp then have a few months with an N/A then move up to a tubbie :)

:yeahthat:

Do you have a budget? If you can stretch to single turbo money and you can handle 500bhp plus to the rear wheels go for one ready built. From what people have said on here that have gone TT to Single, your looking at £5K for a good build without cutting corners. Going N/A to T will liberate maybe another 100-120bhp from the standard 220bhp N/A so it depends how power hungry you are.

Getting the power down in the wet is another issue, with so much power on tap you could find it spinning in 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear so it may not be so usable on a daily basis....horses for courses ;)

If your used to FWD cars of about 120bhp then have a few months with an N/A then move up to a tubbie :)

I thought hte common thought was around £8K, thats what ill be looking at having in the bank before thinking about it.

RZ-S TT Auto Facelift are the best imo....but i would say that;).

Seriously though people here have supes for all sorts of reasons and driving experiences, you have to ask your self what are you looking for? a track car, drag strip car, daily commuter or an all-round package.

Read as much as you can here on the forum and it might help you decide.

good luck.

Guest davy1100

:)thanks guys for all the info at the minute i have a 2.0 gt gen 6 celica but i fancy a bit more power i want to spent around 5 k so the single turbo sounds out for now so wot do u recommend the sz sz r or tt i want power good extras ie leather seats big brakes and not to hard on the pocket for insurance ;)

:)thanks guys for all the info at the minute i have a 2.0 gt gen 6 celica but i fancy a bit more power i want to spent around 5 k so the single turbo sounds out for now so wot do u recommend the sz sz r or tt i want power good extras ie leather seats big brakes and not to hard on the pocket for insurance ;)

Ok so you want a supra thats insurance friendly and has a single :blink:

Good luck with the search :D;)

Guest davy1100
:rolleyes: as i said in my post chris the single turbo option is out and by insurance i mean i dont wanna pay £1000 etc i just dont know which model to go for is the na the cheapest to insure :)

i have a rz-s tt facelift manual and i love it. I use to hate driving really long journeys but in this i dont mind. Its my first RWD and my first really powerful car but i took it handy when i got her and im slowly easing up :eyebrows:. I think theres serious power in this car the engines are very reliable and its easy to get a extra bit of power out of her like , decat, iridium plugs, new fuel pump etc...