The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How about a major northern meet??

Havard

*Edit - Weekend of the 4th July - Dent, Cumbria..!!*

Hi,

Been thinking about this since I went up to Sedbergh and on to Carlisle via some of the back roads the other week. My initial plan is for the North West lot to come up to Kirkby Lonsdale/Sedbergh on the Friday night and visit a camp site (possibly in Sedbergh).

On Saturday......leave Sedbergh and make our way accross country to Gardsale on the A684 and then go north up to Kirkby Stephen. This road is terrific as it is along side the railway and also the river so there are some great photo opportunities. Leaving Kirkby Stephen we would then go along the A66 and meet any Yorkshire/North East members near Scotch Corner. If there were any local drives that people knew about then that would be good but the drive back towards Sedbegh through Richmond, Leyburn and Hawes back on the A684 would be good enough......:eyebrows:

The plan is to then go over the top of the hills to Dent and possibly have a bite to eat at Jackies cafe in Dent and then back to the camp site, ditch the cars and go into Sedbergh for a few pints or have a few on the camp site..!!

What does everyone think?? I plan to get some prices/availability for the camp sites but numbers of members would dictate if the site I am thinking of is big enough. Also I would need some details of pubs/meeting places near Scotch Corner as I don't know the area particularly well.

H.

Edited by Havard
spelling (see edit history)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Mate.. that was like 3 post back!! I'm a today kinda guy! :D

thats no probs Matt, Not really into camping on cold hard wet ground in North Yorkshire, and having to pay some campsite for the "pleasure" 1 cold shower between 10 people and wierdy beardys in there caravans, naaaah nice warm hotel for me thank you (with a nice fry up in the morning and a kettle not a poxy camping stove)

Holy thread resurection......:D

I'll make some calls when I get back form Germany. Camping is the way forward me thinks.....;)

H.

Yes Camping is the way forward Paul, sounds like a good Idea maybe get some of the Yorkshire and N-east over to join in sort of "mini" JAE without the stands and Marque and other clubs and ermmm well maybe not like JAE then lol

Cheers

-Ian-

Yes Camping is the way forward Paul, sounds like a good Idea maybe get some of the Yorkshire and N-east over to join in sort of "mini" JAE without the stands and Marque and other clubs and ermmm well maybe not like JAE then lol

Cheers

-Ian-

Ian,

I have a small meet to arrange at Raby Castle, need as many cars as possible in the grounds for a big charity event. I can even source a cheap hotel for all who want to stay over ;)

H,

sounds like a winner to me, be good to see a load of shiney cars under the sun at the big charity event :D

Ian,

I have a small meet to arrange at Raby Castle, need as many cars as possible in the grounds for a big charity event. I can even source a cheap hotel for all who want to stay over ;)

H,

sounds like a winner to me, be good to see a load of shiney cars under the sun at the big charity event :D

When is that being held Tom ?

Cheers

-Ian-