The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What makes the perfect Supra driving road?

michael

I've done a few miles recently and during that time I started to wonder what my perfect Supra road would be, at the time I loved the roads I was on but didn't think they were Supra suitable but maybe because I wrap the car in cotton wool too much.

So what would your perfect Supra road trip include?

I'll start...

1. No speed limit

And you don't need to name any specific roads here but if anyone had roads that meet some of the suggestions being made then post up, with a map if possible.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone noticed that these so called roads really induce in car rattles??

(

Yep- They're called English roads :D

Driving North-West(ish) out of London along the A41 for a few thrills, then off towards Chipping Norton then Snowshill. For me it gives the perfect combination of fast road then merging in to a few twisties with ups & downs plus stunning scenery.

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

Has anyone noticed that these so called roads really induce in car rattles??

When I bought my Supe last December, she was absoultely fine, no rattles, nothing.

Now a year on, I got loads of rattles and little annoying vibrating!! :(

That's the point of the thread in some respects, if it makes your car do that then is it a good Supra road?

That's the point of the thread in some respects, if it makes your car do that then is it a good Supra road?

:D

Yes so in my case, Basingstoke must be the worst in the whole of England!!

There is so many bumps, humps and undulations in these roads that it is a joke to drive on even though WE pay for them!!

When I was in the USA, it was much better and the roads were actually driveable...:D

:D

Yes so in my case, Basingstoke must be the worst in the whole of England!!

There is so many bumps, humps and undulations in these roads that it is a joke to drive on even though WE pay for them!!

When I was in the USA, it was much better and the roads were actually driveable...:D

I'm not sure you've grasped it fella... I don't want to know about roads that cause rattles and speed bumps but maybe you could tell us what it was about the US roads you liked?

Most of the best roads I've ever driven were in the US (or France), fantastic twisty roads with awesome views, very little traffic and the smoothest tarmac known to mankind. Never found anywhere like that in the UK (certainly not in England). Would love to take a Supe round the US one day.

:looney:

oh, and yes, you can't beat a good tunnel

The A70 from near West Calder into Edinburgh - an ideal Supra road IMO. For a number of reasons - it suits GT cars with it's longish straight sections with gentle bends and also throws into the mix a few complex technical sections where utilising the racing line becomes vitally important especially given the speeds you reach coming into them.... so best driven at night for maximum attack.

Has a decent surface although is challenging in that respect with varying altitude and off camber bends etc. No speed cameras either and tends to be very quiet outside rush hours (when it's still relatively quiet) - 10 miles of driving pleasure! :)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&saddr=west+calder&daddr=balerno&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=55.879425,-3.37715&sspn=0.231482,0.725098&ie=UTF8&z=12

Cheers,

Brian.