The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Salutations!

Guest rlchicsdrvstics

Guest rlchicsdrvstics

Hello all! I am not yet a Supra owner but within the next few months I will be...I'm purchasing from an import dealer in British Columbia, and I'm still narrowing down exactly what I want and how much I am willing to pay. It's fantastic that they have really come down in price!

I am looking to get one in white, 5 speed, NA, bone stock. I want to do any mods myself.

I used to own two Celica GT-S cars, so I'm familiar with the Toyotas from the nineties and ever since I've laid eyes on the MKIV Supra I've dreamt of nothing else. I'd have settled on an MR-2 if I didn't know how cheap the Supras are becoming!

I'm learning about their common issues and such, so if anybody has tips on what I should look for when I check the car out I'd really like to know.

And yes, I'm a girl. And yes, I work on my own car. Mechanic chicks ftw!

Guest rlchicsdrvstics

Here there's about a $2-5000 difference. They're selling NAs for about $11000-$15000 and Twin Turbos for $18000-$23000.

Perhaps I should look into what I can get in the States and the exchange rate and such. Probably not worth it because our dollar is lame right now..

A old mate of mine from work married a lass from Canada. She had previously been a lumberjack. :D

They lived in the UK for a bit before they flogged his crummy ex council terraced house with no central heating or double glazing and moved to Canada and bought a detached 5 bed place on a decent chunk of land. :blink: