The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which car seat for the supra

dazla

I know this has been covered lots of times but i'm in need of a baby seat for the supra rear seats. I did a search but its still not clear on which is the best, and the ones that are mentioned are probably discontinued.

Someone mentioned moving the seat belts to fit one but thats not an option for me. I've tried Halfords, Baby's R US and they just advised me to change my car...... YEA RIGHT!

keep it in your pants, then you dont need one ;)

Are you looking for baby carriers that fit or child seats from 9 months upwards?

I find that for older kids (3 years upwards) the Britax Ranger was good for infrequent use and would fit in the front or rear seats.

If you want one properly mounted in then I think we used a Britax one that was normally in the family car and got moved across to the Supra on rare occasions.

Be aware that the child gets VERY got with the sun streaming through the rear window on to them so perhaps fit a child screen on the rear window.

You cannot use rear facing child seats in the front of a Supra with airbags, but disable the airbag and it should be okay.

I can try and track down the model number of the Britax seat we used if its of interest.

Not sure about newborns Matt, but I can say that the Britax freeway is the best fit for 9 months onwards. Picked it up yesterday from tesco direct for £58. Its got a really small base. The smallest on the market i think. This seat is discontinued in the shops like mother care and baby's r us, but you can order them on line.

The seat is also light grey to match my car, RESULT:d

True I don't think there are any seats that will fit the supra for newborns (well there weren't a year ago when I was looking). You'll have to wait 9 months and get a forward facing seat for the rear, and there are a few that will be OK for that.

:(:( I really didn't want to hear that as this means the supra will have to be sold or worst still with the state of the market , PX'd in for peanuts .:cry::cry:

:(:( I really didn't want to hear that as this means the supra will have to be sold or worst still with the state of the market , PX'd in for peanuts .:cry::cry:

I was in the same position, so I got a cheap runabout for when we had to travel with the baby. It also means your supra will remain uncontaminated with baby sick, which is a good thing

Not sure about newborns Matt, but I can say that the Britax freeway is the best fit for 9 months onwards. Picked it up yesterday from tesco direct for £58. Its got a really small base. The smallest on the market i think. This seat is discontinued in the shops like mother care and baby's r us, but you can order them on line.

The seat is also light grey to match my car, RESULT:d

How well does it fit, how secure is it and does it move about at all? Could you put a pictyure up please?

Thanks LOADS btw!

Guest Charlierob

Our little one is 3 months old now we got the graco quattro tour travel system as it can be used with or without the base.

The seat can be used in the back without damaging the seats if you dont use the base and the seat comes with an indicator on the side to make sure its sitting at the right angle for the babies neck.

Hope this helps.

Charlene

Wife got a Maxicosi today but said it wont fit in the supra because that dont have "isofix" whatever that is.

Two clamps at the very back of the seat, the babyseat locks into these BUT you can still use seat belts with an isofix equipped babyseat.

I have to find a seat, I just cannot deal with yet another moron/timewaster/dreamer/someone I wouldn't want on my driveway.