The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Story time ...

Big Ian

Supra's where not a car i ever thought much about, never mind ever own one .. i came across my Supra through a deal i done with my last car.. my old Galant "super" VR4 ... the VR4 i owned was the only model of it's type in the UK (at the time) but was in need of a few quid throw'n at it :( so it was in my best intrest to "get shot!" .. i waited 4 yrs to get a VR4 and ended up with a pile "O" crap!

i knew nothing about Supra's, only that a manual N/A version was a slightly rare version's? i thought take the Supra, tidy it up and then sell it on to make way for something else ... haha :sly: drove it about for a week or so and decided "it's a keeper" drive's amazing, cleaned up to an almost spot-less finish and at the end of the day if the family and i need to go some where we all just pile in to my wife's modded Corsa ;)

if you click on this link you can see/read some of what i have done to help save my car: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3152469

(i have many more pic's)

the very near future for my Supra is a set of staggered 18" alloy's, wide side skirt's and a few "dress up goodies"

anyone else find out about there Supra by accident?

Ummmm?

that's why i added "?" as i was told manual N/A version's where the the rarest ... then i looked for myself to find they ain't as rare as some folk think :giveup:

that said, ive had a few auto's and i think all Supra's should be manual .. no rear wheel drive car should be automatic (my opinion)

Why?

just my opinion, manual car's i find are far easier to control and my supra (to me) feel's like it should be manualy controlled ... i'm not looking to start a debate on manual's V auto's i'm just giving my opinion

i was asking more for stories from folk that found there Supra by accident ;)

i think i feel more at ease with my manual is that 2 of my last 3 car's were auto's (tip)

i just felt that i was never realy in control of both of them ... some day i'll be back in an auto (probably another 5 series BMW)

right put the "what gearbox debate to one side" and tell us how you came to owning your Supra .. was it by accident or did you know exactly it was the car you wanted? :D

thanks James i was going to put the black one's back on but ive got my eye on a set of 18" wheel's, gunmetal center's with a polished lip (need to get Xmas out the way 1st) the splitter has changed colour again, not black though it's now :blink: ultraviolet orange .. which does actuly look better than the red, my mate drove in front of me and made a video of my car on the move, so he could show me how it looked when it drop's at speed ... he recons it's got that "move over" look about it :D

It wasn't so much as an accident, more like a rush of blood to the head. I came in from work after a pretty crap week, decided I didn't like my current car and that I wanted into the performance marquee.

So went for a shower, came out and bought mine from an old guy via Ebay.

the very near future for my Supra is a set of staggered 18" alloy's, wide side skirt's and a few "dress up goodies"

anyone else find out about there Supra by accident?

Welcome bud,

my supra was planned after a good member on here inducted me to the ways. FWIW i agree on the manual front on all cars.. but it's a personal thing, for me a stick gives a level of controld and dexterity to the driver that an auto can never do, saying that I may well be faster round a track in an auto.. lol but it's personal for sure.

be careful with your wheels.. most aftermarket wheels will be different offsets and this will effect your handling a LOT... your stock wheels are +50, and you's be best to stick as close to this.. and pay attention to the width too... don't ruin a good handling car! ;)

Wait until you have a go in a good single turbo... it will leave you even prouder of the marque!