The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Next job

Dnk

Seeing as my suspension is now all finished i thought i'd get on with some under the bonnet work ;)

Im just looking into head and turbo work and got a quote of £1200 inc vat for taking the head off then strip rebuild and refit.

Didnt think that sounded too bad ? im supplying all the new parts though !

Give Matt a call mate, he's probably been busy working and not had chance to check eth forum properly. :)

Why are you looking at doing the work, does it need doing or is it just to make things better still?

Yes your right Steve, i guess we all forget the traders are busy and miss posts on here. I'll give him a call when i've got 5 mins :)

The stem seals need doing and im not keen on doing it with the head in place, i thought seeing as the cars done 124,000 miles i'd splash out and get the head fully refurbed with reground seats and valves, also check the guides etc and at the same time take the turbo's off and get them checked and possibly rebuilt.

Dnk Ashbhp is by far closer to you for future work on your car!

He's based in Leicester. ;)

Thanks Nicholas, i know Ash is nearer but at the moment im just gathering info so nothing is set in stone yet.

I actually have a jap tuner on my doorstep but wont be using them as i've been there and not impressed so distance isnt an issue for me.

changing the valve stem seals shouldn't be that much of an issue with the head on the engine right? My shop changed mine with the head installed.

Maybe you wanna check out getting Ferrera valve stem seals instead of Toyota OEM? Slightly cheaper too :) got mine from MVP Motorsports, 61 U$ DOllars for all 24 seals