The mkiv Supra Owners Club

rad plate size? need help

Guest Nizam

Hi i was trying to search here but nothing there to find what size length and width of rad plate

supra logo I need to find the sizes/dimensions or a drawing so do you know where can i find it?

I was intrested to buy rad plate from gaz walker they sold and they stop making them :(

anyway im just want to make rad plate on my car!, so i hope you can find out what size is it.

here pic from wanted

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=165666&highlight=rad+plate

Thank you

Niz

yeh i could do that but what about width? if my mate got one that will be much more easy to measure it.

I was chatting to gaz walker online, he don't know what size, he hav't measure this before lol.

no they not selling them rad plate:blink: and

we cannot sell too.

i just want make by my self :D

all i need your help what size is it?.

drawing the logo should be easy.

So in summary your mate, who wants to start making things like this, can't be arsed to measure up himself and wants to just copy an existing design before banging out copies and selling them on?

Am I close?

Piece of card, tape measure, pencil, scissors...

hmm that will be good idea do on the first place before i start doing stainless steel :)

Indeed, you can even use the cardboard one as the first template then. Have fun! I look forward to your rad pate for sale threads :p

Nope cannot do that. :p

but will show pic here!

I'm thinking of starting to make these in carbon. If I do I'll let you know...

i made one of these in carbon at about 2mm thick and found it to long and thin to stay put, initially i tried double sided tape but ended up putting three M4 thread inserts into the body, in hindsight i think i would have put a strengthening piece underneith to make it more rigid

The carbon ones from MVP seem to do the job extremely well......Niz - if you want to get the measurements of one, then easiest thing to do would be to buy one and the model it around that. It is not rocket science.

I think you are right! :) right im gonna order it and i will make them by my self ;)

No way i cannot sell if i made it. first thing i will borrow rad plate from my mate and i will measure it and make them with logo too.

I will post when i done it but if anyone want it but im not sure if im allow to sell here!

Edited by Nizam (see edit history)

I thought you were only making one for yourself? :rolleyes:

just find out my mate got one so i borrow from him to measure it and make logo too ;).

also i will try my best to make door sill aswell. :D