The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from Slovenia

Guest Tayfun

Hi everyone.

I am currently selling my MR2 and intend to purchase a NA 5spd Supra and import it from UK to SLO. Well the problem is that the car should be an EU model to import it, which the NA model isn't.

I found out that the european homologation Nr. or Type approval number for EU Supras is G335. I believe that the owners of UK model Supras have that on the VIN plate.

All the windows will have to have (E) - marks and allso the headlights need this number.

EU headlights have 4 different E marks for each lightning unit in the headlight. The main is HCR (E13) 30 and then some numbers like 433513 which I don't know exactly.

I intend to modify this parts and let those marks and numbers engrave with laser.

If someone would help me and make some pictures of e marks on windows and headlight, rear lights I would really appreciate it.

The other problem is that the UK COC document would have to have emission standards writen in. For import I have to at least have the emission standard Directive 94/12/EC and 70/220 EEC writen in. Is this possible or not.

Thank you!

Hi to everyone back!

Yes it may sound like illegal cloning of parts, but over here everything must have an E mark. An option would be to buy new LHD headlights with E mark but will probably cost an extra 1000€. Changing all the window-glasses is not an option for me, firstly it would cost to much and secondly this would be non-original fitment. I may pass with non E marked windows but depends on SVA officer.

I would allso like to know, when I'll buy the car in UK what will I have to pay in UK to export it, taxes, export fees, export insurance???

Hi and welcome.

The whole issue of Supras in some EU countries is a can of worms. Ideally you need a post 1996 car which has European homolgation. There aren't many and a Japanese spec car is impossible to register in many countries (you're so lucky in England). Look for the number in the format e--*--/--*----*-- on the chassis plate. The other problem will be headlights as I imagine in Slovenia you drive on the right, and the speedo which I imagine will need to be in km/h. There may also be issues with non-standard parts, particularly wheel/tyre sizes.

Alternatively find a car which is European spec (pre 96) and pay for a COC from Toyota.

Buying in the UK doesn't incur VAT in the country of import provided you can show that VAT has been paid in the EU somewhere.

Good Luck!

I have an official list of all the European homologation numbers for each japanese car that was sold in Europe.

Supra MKIV has a homologation number G335

MR2 has a homologation number F438

Toyota did not have homologation number e--*--/--*----*-- until recently (for cars produced in japan) unless it was produced in Europe after 1996.

As I said before I may pass with only changing the headlights to european headlights and european rear lights and leave te windows stock. If the speed and milage is in mph I don't neceseraly have to convert it back to km/h but I would anyway - allso depends of slovenian homologation officer.

Each car that is imported as a grey import from EU state to Slovenia must at least have:

-Euro 2 emission normative

-All seats with seatbelts have to have headrests

Cars without EU homologation (jap imports, USA imports) have to have:

-Euro 2

-Headrests

-(Seatbelts, headlights, rear fogliht and windows) with E mark - some officers let you pass without E marked windows

-Datasheet from TÜV Augsburg or european official importer of a

similar car for EU market. Datasheet has to show all the engine,

exhaust, brake, electronics values.

I may pass if I'll represent it as a model with G335 homologation number on vin plate.

Toyota did not have homologation number e--*--/--*----*-- until recently (for cars produced in japan) unless it was produced in Europe after 1996.

Exactly my point. The EU homologation system introduced in Jan 1996 puts this number on the car and if it has this number it can be registered in any EU country.

You may have a problem changing the headlights for Slovenia if the car is Jap-spec as the fittings may (I was told by Toyota France) be different.

UK cars will have MPH/kmh speedo so there won't be a problem there.