The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sell or keep my aerotop???!!!!

KamaSupra

I have a black 1993 aerotop in mint condition, bodywork is standard but looks soooo shiny and new. Got loads of history including every MOT since import in 1998. Only thing I get annoyed about is it's NA not TT. At the mo I'm re-saving money for a TT conversion but in some ways I think should I sell the aerotop and get a TT hardtop? Or see if anyone wants to swap a TT hardtop for a NA aerotop? Only thing that stops me is I love taking the roof off when the suns out and also because the car is so mint I don't wanna risk swapping or buying a shitter. Would I be a mug to sell her? Anyone thats been to the basingstoke meets will know what condition shes in so do you reckon I should keep her and just do conversion when I've the money?! I'm so confused!!!!! As wanna TT!

plate2.jpg

Car and Figaro 011 plate.jpg

frontsupe.jpg

supra rear end 009.jpg

supaside.jpg

Keep it and get the TT conversion or buy a second hand 2JZ lump and put a small responsive single on it or just go down the NA-T route.

If you look through the classifeds and newbie posts you will notice people would rather spend peanuts on a dog that needs a few thousand thrown at it, than spend a bit more on a minter in the first place.

Keep it and get the TT conversion or buy a second hand 2JZ lump and put a small responsive single on it or just go down the NA-T route.

If you look through the classifeds and newbie posts you will notice people would rather spend peanuts on a dog that needs a few thousand thrown at it, than spend a bit more on a minter in the first place.

I couldn't agree more with this post,

people genreally these days just want cheap even if it's sh*t :search:

I would expect about £4.5K as it is mint!!

Have a word with Keron about a conversion on here. I am having mine done between now and Christmas if he all goes well with the engine he has in stock (just waiting for proof of low miles).

Personally, I would NOT sell my car if it looked like yours. I think you would struggle to find a car in half the condition that is without spending silly money!

H.

I would expect about £4.5K as it is mint!!

Have a word with Keron about a conversion on here. I am having mine done between now and Christmas if he all goes well with the engine he has in stock (just waiting for proof of low miles).

H.

Already in contact with keron, thanks for advice though mate! Love my car would be sad to see her go just because shes NA.

That sounds quite high for a 93 these days, even an aerotop. I'd only expect about that for mine - and mine is a 97 facelift.

I can only say what I would be willing to pay for it. You could pick up a dog for 3k but it would cost you more than £1500 to get it looking like one in the pictures..!!

I think anyone who is really fussy about the condition of cars would pay that money. I looked for a mint aerotop for 6 months and ended up buying a coupe as I never found the right aerotop......:(

H.

I can only say what I would be willing to pay for it. You could pick up a dog for 3k but it would cost you more than £1500 to get it looking like one in the pictures..!!

I think anyone who is really fussy about the condition of cars would pay that money. I looked for a mint aerotop for 6 months and ended up buying a coupe as I never found the right aerotop......:(

H.

When I do sell mine, I'm going to get the hacksaw out then. Quick mod to the roof, and I can bump the price up. ;)

Took me few months and test drives of other supes before getting this one. Just couldn't find one in such perfect condition as I'm so fussy! Bloke I bought it off only covered 900 miles in a year of owning it as he was always out the country, Person before him had it 1998-2006 and only used it in the dry not rain or snow (I have previous ad). I only use it in the dry too as its too immaculate to use as an everyday car. Always wanted an aerotop as don't see many about also I'm a bit of a poser. So having a supra with the roof off was a good start. When I bought it I didn't care about speed. But now I want more power!!!!

Took me few months and test drives of other supes before getting this one. Just couldn't find one in such perfect condition as I'm so fussy! Bloke I bought it off only covered 900 miles in a year of owning it as he was always out the country, Person before him had it 1998-2006 and only used it in the dry not rain or snow (I have previous ad). I only use it in the dry too as its too immaculate to use as an everyday car. Always wanted an aerotop as don't see many about also I'm a bit of a poser. So having a supra with the roof off was a good start. When I bought it I didn't care about speed. But now I want more power!!!!

Nah keep her mate, she's lovely...:)

Like you have said to me, just get the conversion done and you have the best of both worlds...:)

Trust me, with today's market, you'll get peanuts! :(

Don't want to regret it next summer when the roof can come back off (Though odd occasions it still comes off now) and all because I just want it a bit quicker. Maybe I should just try and be more patient! Just annoying because I was ready for conversion, I was only few pound short. But then when I broke up with the girlfriend and I had all those bills and the mortgage on my own that money quickly went down. So just have to be patient and save again. Such hard work though, so much easier just swapping. I think I'll try and hold out though..... as long as nothing too amazing turns up! Although you gotta love that topless action on the aerotop! :D

I bought the car for £5000 so I suppose if I do conversion I won't have spent too much as car isn't a shitter... Pity the price of supras is so low but yet don't think I could afford a TT aerotop in great condition. Which is why I'm swung by going the NA-TT conversion route as it would be cheaper and I know the car is cosmetically great.