The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suspension Troubles...

Jamil

.....Was coming out of work yesterday and there was a very loud bang and the car dropped! I get out to find the driver side rear suspension had dropped and the car is now sitting on the floor on one side!

Got out of the car and found this on the floor! I think its the thing that goes under the spring??? Any ideas?? Should this just break like this?

I am guessing I am going to need new suspension, any ideas? I think I have Tein suspension but not sure what model.

You should be able to buy those spring seats seperatly.. What Tein do you have? have a look on the strutt..

Not sure what Tein I have, I will check. So the model number or something should be on the strutt?? Where could I get the spring seats from? I think the thread for the seats maybe be damaged where it has broken.

Edited: Paul Whiffin sells these for £7 each plus delivery and VAT

If that one has gone, get the other checked ASAP along with the rest of the suspension. Thank your lucky stars that didn't happen on the motorway :Pling:

Cheers!

Yeah I know I was lucky i was only going very slow. Cant begin to imagine the damage that would have been caused if I was going along the motorway!!

Taking it to the garage on Monday to get the rest of the suspension checked. My feeling is the other struts will be on the way out to...