The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drift lessons at santapod

little num

Want to practice your drifitng?

Need to learn what the cars capable of?

Look no further i have a spare ticket for santapod on the 12th november, this is an organised drifting experience for iether a novice or experienced drifters.

There is tuition so dont worry if you have never done this type of stuff before, me and my brother have booked in using our supra's, i booked a ticket for my sister but her car seems to be playing up (sierra rubbish).

Price is £60 and that does include tuition, there is also professional drifter that you can pay to take you out in there cars at only £10 a go.

more info look here http://dwyb.co.uk/ or call me on 07809 627560 if you wish to meet up on the way.

Ticket is provisionally sold, but there is still places left at the same price, we have also booked at trackday on the 22nd of november at bedford autodrome open pit lane and £125 for the full day and full circuit 4.2 miles long.

Noise will be a problem if your single or have a nurspec without a baffle.

Ok, here is my warning bit, because I go to these.....;)

Dont use your Supra if you dont like the sound of a tyre delaminating and marking your rear quarters with rubber that wont wash off with normal washing (intensive tar remover is needed or something simliar)

Use crap wheels not your good wheels, otherwise you will be sorry when a tyre blows ;)

And if your running aftermarket body bits like front bumper, be very carefull, or make sure you take it off for the day.

Pod do supply tyres, but these arent free, its £5 a tyre and £5 to change, so each time you go through a set of rears that'll cost you £20, Im not sure how long tyres would last on a Supra but expect 30mins tops on each pair.

All that considered, get along, its great fun......http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=166020

Ok, here is my warning bit, because I go to these.....;)

Dont use your Supra if you dont like the sound of a tyre delaminating and marking your rear quarters with rubber that wont wash off with normal washing (intensive tar remover is needed or something simliar)

Use crap wheels not your good wheels, otherwise you will be sorry when a tyre blows ;)

And if your running aftermarket body bits like front bumper, be very carefull, or make sure you take it off for the day.

Pod do supply tyres, but these arent free, its £5 a tyre and £5 to change, so each time you go through a set of rears that'll cost you £20, Im not sure how long tyres would last on a Supra but expect 30mins tops on each pair.

All that considered, get along, its great fun......http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=166020

Cheers for the heads up,do they normally have most sizes of tyre?

Cheers for the heads up,do they normally have most sizes of tyre?

Im not sure, they might go as far as a 17" tyre, but I would bank on them havng 18's without prior checking, most common is 16" rims, thats why its always best to take your own, and on rims if you can, on the last Saturday I went to the tyre queue took you a good hour to get your tyres changed, very off putting......;)

I take as many of my own tyres on rims ready, saves a lot of hassle ;)

Go around all your local tyre places and basically ask them, but dont just turn up saying Im looking for tyres to drift on, as most places will probably say no, give a little bit of info first, that you are going to an organised drift day at Santa pod, you carry your wheels up in the car then swap them over, people tend to listen a bit more.

Remember they usually get charged £1.80 or so a tyre to have them disposed of, so you taking them away is usually saving them money.

Go to the smaller independant garages who arent controlled by head office, they usually have a company policy that no tyres are allowed to leave.

Remember their main concern is your not going to stick them on your car, try and drift around the nearest roundabout and stact it ;)

For my next day Im now having to buy new rubber :(