The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gravel driveway

Guest CoolsBlue

Guest CoolsBlue

Hi all, need to jack the supra up on my gravel drive way, doing work on my brakes and repainting the callipers, will do one wheel at a time, how do i jack it up so i can leave if for around 12-15 hours with one corner jacked up at a time? ideas please, cant do it on the road as it is declared off road:( have some soild kitchen table top on the garage, ayone done it without issues on agravel drive way

3ltr hefty sod were talking about here:d

Kev

I have a trolley jack with the wheels removed screwed to a solid plank of timber so it spreads the load and does not sink. Axle stands also screwed to square bits of plank. Something like a scaffold board is ideal. If your car is lowered you might have a problem sliding a trolley jack (plus timber) under though.

Always use axle stands anyway for safety.

have some soild kitchen table top on the garage

Ideal, just make sure it's level and the pieces are large enough so the supports cannot slip off.

Jack and an axle stand, just leave the jack in place but let it down so the axle stand takes more of the weight.

Guest CoolsBlue
Ideal, just make sure it's level and the pieces are large enough so the supports cannot slip off.

Jack and an axle stand, just leave the jack in place but let it down so the axle stand takes more of the weight.

nice one, wont waste money on a new jack, will do it the good old way with the toyota jack

1. roll one wheel onto a peice of board to get some height under the skirt

2. slip another peice under the car, jack on the table top and get the car up

3. axle stand under the car and on the table top, lower the car but with more weight on the stand

have i got it?

Kev