The mkiv Supra Owners Club

greddy egt gauge

wilkorangerover

I got EGT gauges but i hav't fit it yet! Im still trying to found out how to put fit the sensor, im bit worry if i drill on manifold and it will knack my turbo?

I think Chris wilson can fit the egt gauges i guess

hi my friend has found a greddy egt gauge in his single turbo supra he has just bought, it was just in the passenger side footwell, so he s plugged it into the little on/off box, but the needle stays on 9 even when the engine is of, so iam guessing the needle is knackered???

cheers

im guessing it has peak hold and a small control box? if so it will need wiring in to say cigarette lighter to give it some power before it will work, its just a matter of connecting a few wires up though.

-robert-

right when the ignition is of the needle moves to 4, as soon as you turn the ignition on the needle points to 9, and dosn`t move even when engines been running a bit , is this right???

also has anybody replaced the back lights in gauges before?

cheers

Edited by wilkorangerover (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
hi my friend has found a greddy egt gauge in his single turbo supra he has just bought, it was just in the passenger side footwell, so he s plugged it into the little on/off box, but the needle stays on 9 even when the engine is of, so iam guessing the needle is knackered???

cheers

Shouldnt stay in that position, could be bad. Get a volt meter and run some test on the gauge. If you get current then maybe its something else.

It should be at the bottom and read EGT when applying throttle.

I have one in stock if you need another.

Thanks,

Joe