The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supras around £13k?

Guest AlVal

I'd appreciate some advice on what kind of Supra I should hope to achieve in the ~£13k price bracket, I'm pretty sure it should be a MKIV TT , ideally in royal blue, and reliable to a daily driver level, beyond that what should I expect in that price range? I have a complex arrangement in mind, if you look at my post on the skyline forum, you'll hopefully understand!

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/107079-tvr-cerbera-ajp-v8-swap-something-different-around-13k-value.html

You'd probably be looking at a later facelift J-Spec manual, a nice blue being one of the options open to you, probably fairly low on miles, with or without basic modifications and likely to be reliable.

Or an earlier modified single turbo car with a host of other modifications, could be reliable, could be unreliable to TVR levels and beyond :)

I like your TVR though, would happily do a straight swap with you but it would be slightly unfair and I suspect you could do a lot better.

thanks for the comments, a quick look at the pics and specs on your profile and yours definitely seems to scream enthusiast! really like it a lot, and the lexus rims look very much as if they belong! If I was rich enough not to have a care about market value, I'd swap! looks like i could get a pretty wild supra perhaps then!

Thanks for the positive comments, you should be able to get a very nice Supra for £13k, I guess the difficult part will be finding someone with a car of that value that wants to swap it for yours... having said that a Cerbera is one of those cars most people want to own at some point and yours is looks like a cracking example..

The whole idea of just swapping cars between enthusiasts like this interests me a lot though, it's an angle I might look at myself at some point

I'd appreciate some advice on what kind of Supra I should hope to achieve in the ~£13k price bracket, I'm pretty sure it should be a MKIV TT , ideally in royal blue, and reliable to a daily driver level, beyond that what should I expect in that price range? I have a complex arrangement in mind, if you look at my post on the skyline forum, you'll hopefully understand!

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/107079-tvr-cerbera-ajp-v8-swap-something-different-around-13k-value.html

I got mine for 12k, and taKe a look at my garage to see what I got...:)

thanks for the comments/advice guys, yeah I think my idea makes sense, I guess some people might be wary that its some kind of scam, but hopefully enthusiasts of the same mindset as myself will understand what I'm trying to do! Silversoop, thats a real corker there. I'm very glad I'm seeing some quality supras here, gives me great hope that theres a strong enthusiast community maintaining cars to a high level as I do see many neglected examples out on the road, which saddens me! Its the same with cerberas to be honest, as they get older a gap opens up between the highly maintained and the cheaper neglected stuff

well a few offers coming in, m5, crossfire convertible, really nice evo, 350z, but no supra offer yet! so hopefully this looks like it could all work out for me and also the person who gets the cerb!