The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Home Cinema Speakers

400BHP

After speaking with Ash (OXY) he informed me that B&W make good HC speakers, 602's?.

I wanted to know if anyone here has got anything different thats of equal quality, my budget is around 2500 for speakers, and can recommend me something?

I want speakers that are good with music as well as films/tv as not all are that great with music.

Hi Chris

Its all down to individual taste I spose....

For me B&W are the best, a lot of people will prolly disagree.

Go to a hifi shop like Sevenoaks or Audio-T and ask for a demo. They will usually have a demo room and you can listen and decide from there.

If I could afford em, I would love to get some B&W Nautilus Speakers...they are fanstastic...only problem is the price.

£30,000 !!!

You'll be able to get a stunning set of speakers for that sort of money.

I'm getting some B&W 603 S3's next time round to replace my current 2 Mission 762 hi-fi speakers.

they make Centre speakers too, and i'd imagine the rears.

I also think they look the nads with their gold-coloured woven bass-drivers. think it's woven Kevlar.

Have a look through avforums.com, there is a lot of info on there if you sift through all the crap.

For that sort of money you should be able to get a good compromise between films and music. The main problem is the rears, in my 7.1 setup i had to get some directionals for music and two sets of bipolars for films...

I went with mission speakers in the end, i've had them a year now and they still impress me.

:thumbs:

Personally I think this is a bit like anything- most makes in a certain price range will generally give you comparable quality it'll just come down to personal taste and what you're driving the system with.

Oxys right, go to a hi-fi place, book a demo, take your current stuff in with you and demo a whole load of gear. Even better if they'll let you home demo stuff.

At that price point you have to allocate most of the money to the front 3 speakers - but of probably more importance is the electronics you are running them off - your processor and source will make a huge difference. At that price point the best speakers i have heard for music are by totem. My advice is to buy a front pair based on music reproduction as this is the most difficult to reproduce accurately then match a centre, then rears and then save up again a buy a good sub - rel, m&k, b&w etc.

Full scale orchestral music and female vocals are the best demo stuff.

Home cinema is the (2nd) Coolest thing !!!:)

Ive got some b and ws and i chose them after testing all the other speakers in the same price group.

There best if you want some good b line,separation,clarity.

BUT

look out for cerwin vaga if you want the above but with pa speaker loudness and bass