The mkiv Supra Owners Club

top secret supra :(

flyby

you been to spec savers then;)

Not today but every year or so. I wear contact lenses.

Was the inital poster refering to the car when he said he was disappointed? I simply thought he was making a statement. I made mine... I'm not disappointed... just had a nice meal, good company. In fact one could say i'm almost elated.

On a serious note, that isn't the only top secret supra in the world... there is (was) a lovely red one.

Im quit disappointed

Does that mean you're never going to be disappointed ever again?

I've seen some poor efforts of hiding rivets and joins in the past so you either go one of two routes. Keep 'em showing and raw looking or spend a long time trying to hide them well only to appear after the slightest nudge or just general movement/body flex.

Does that mean you're never going to be disappointed ever again?

I've seen some poor efforts of hiding rivets and joins in the past so you either go one of two routes. Keep 'em showing and raw looking or spend a long time trying to hide them well only to appear after the slightest nudge or just general movement/body flex.

are you making fun of me, be cores on the best to engish?

Should point out an "excellent fitting kit" is one that you can pop-rivet on and everything lines up... If the kit was all smoothed in and blended you wouldnt be able to tell the fitment since there would be fiberglass & filler filling in any gaps or misalignments.

Quite a few of the jap cars have that "raw" look about them with all the rivets and pannel joins on show. Guess its one of those Marmite things :D

Personally i think it looks an awsome car, and wouldnt be disapointed with it at all even with its fittings on show :) but we are all different!

Apart from the bonnet and bumper part where you can see where the original headlights were.

Yes, if thay change this, and the fitment of all the rear. I wourld say it was stunning car. If thats how you say if something just look perfect.

all in all, I still it is a cool car.

Well thats how i feel, we can't really argue this, right ?

:)

Also saw it for the the time "in the flesh" on the exhibition. Also noticed the "raw" fitment and really didn't like it. The "raw" way of doing it, doesnt really fit a car like this. Its just perfect for a 993 GT2 but it doesn't become this supra. Also, there were bad choises made in the interieur, like the bolt-on gauges in stead of fitting them in a pillar or so.

I normally like the riveted arches look like the Veilside kit, but as much as Im in love with that particular TS kit, Im not a fan of the exposed rivets, especially when its in a flawless deep shiny grey like that. Maybe if it was a matt finish or in race graphics but its kinda not been thought out. Ah well, its not mine though is it! Someone probably ordered it like that.

I normally like the riveted arches look like the Veilside kit, but as much as Im in love with that particular TS kit, Im not a fan of the exposed rivets, especially when its in a flawless deep shiny grey like that. Maybe if it was a matt finish or in race graphics but its kinda not been thought out. Ah well, its not mine though is it! Someone probably ordered it like that.

i agree, you should redo it.Just get a bodyshop to cover them up.