The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Viscous Fan

AlexJames

Ok ladies.. I need some help...

The Viscous fan was sheared off when I had my front end shunt.:blink:

Water Pump.jpg

You can see from this pic where its sheared. Its still got the metal stuck inside it... I'm hoping that when I open it up I can get it out?:search:

Viscous Taken Apart.jpg

This is the Viscous taken apart... but its the third part that I need (below)

Front Viscous 3rd Part.jpgBackViscous 3rd Part Back.jpg

Am I right in thinking that it connects to the front of the water pump? or did I hear wrong somewhere? ... I have no problem taking the radiator in and out, intercooler etc... so with that skill set in mind, is it easy enough to take the front of that unit off and fit a new viscous?

Any help would be greatly apprecaited! Oh and its on my TT not the NA.

That is the water pump drive shaft thats sheared, you'll need a new pump. The serpentine belt drives the pump and the fan is bolted to it. Having never changed one though Ive no idea how easy it is... The viscous unit is a one piece item I believe, the fan bolts to it. I may have one sat around cos I changed it last year. If you want it Ill go have a look.

Oh and off topic, Ive also got a CRX del Sol :)

ahh ic.. is the serpentine belt the belt that connects the cams etc...?

So do you have a whole new/used water pump? I have a good working viscous unit and fan attached but I cannot attach it to the car heh :)

If you did have a pump, how much do you want for it? and can I attach it to the viscous that I already have?