The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how hot?

Big Ian

fitted a new thermostat to my Supra today (the old one was dead!)

i left my car running for about 25 min's this afternoon after i fitted the new part, set my heater to full power and full temp .. opened the door and i was expecting it to be fairly warm in the cabin but it was only mildly warm? .. deffo better than it was though.

ive not gave the car a run yet but what should i expect? does the heater give of great warmth or are they just enough to keep you cosy? :D

Rust and particles too...

none, i flushed out the whole system .. strange thing about doing that was that there was not one bit of dis-colouring in the water during the empty out and flush (apart from it being a nice cherry red anti freeze colour) i was told when i bought it that the car had not long had a full service by toyota.

i'll try for an air lock today, i fitted a bleed valve once before to a E30 BMW, but that time i was lucky enough to match a pipe of the same shape that already had a factory fitted valve.

does anyone recomend driving the car for a short distance with the expantion tank lid off, just to see if the air can be pushed through?

:eyebrows: might have sorted it's self?

checked the fluid level before i started it up (10 min's ago) and it had dropped about 2" in the expansion tank, no leak's so i topped it up and started the engine and within 4-5 min's i was starting to feel warm air through the vent's

could i be lucky enough that any air has moved on, through the night :sly: