The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra back from Hyper sr top job

j80leo

Well it's been a long time without my car but it was well worth it paul has been a star with doing me this project Total on parts was £4700 the car drives totally different sounds like the car of my dreams and the wastegate chatter is mind blowing can't wait for a dry day to get it out for a spin i will post the finsihed pictures up later when i have had chance to wash it and give it a good wax as it was drity on the way home from picking it up,The work is top notch and i am very impressed had a few problems along the way but paul sorted these for me

Paul is really wanting to clear this bad name that Chris has left him with he needs people to trust him, i will be going back again for even more next year for the manual conversion and plenty more i have always belived in him and i think from this others can to

pics to come some

GT4088r turbo

manifold

tial 44mm wastegate

screamer pipe

1.6mm headgasket hks

valve guide done

valve stem seals

head skimmed

hks air filter (on way from factory should get it for wednesday)

all samco hose

800cc injectors

fuel lines

fuel pressure regulator

air/fuel guage

oil feed/return braided hose

custom intercooler pipe work

custom down pipe

hks top feed fuel rail

think thats all

Good to hear it's coming along.

That hose for the oil feed is a bit dodgy, it's only a basic low temp hose and I really wouldn't want one of those with that type of screw clamp fitting sitting over the top of the turbo. It's best to use a hose designed for the job like the earls ones the US kits use. The hose you have is the sort of thing you'd use for a water line or oil drain.

It also seems to have some tape wrapped into the screws (presumably to stop the braids unwinding, not a good idea in that area!)

What is the 2nd hose going back over the turbo? (edit - just seen your last post, so it's the water return)

Looks very nice and powerful. On that last pic there is a blue hose resting against the back of the turbo, has that been tied up out way now?

What sort of power will that beast be kicking out ?

Yes fella tied up lol

only going to run around 500-550hp because of the auto box but will do plenty more than that when i have got my manual box in it will be setup to run around 600hp when it's finished;)

nice job i am looking at doing a similar setup so thats why all the questions.did you buy the turbo and manifold seperatly or in a kit?

No worries at all fella Paul had it as a kit fella and it spools very good not much difference between the standard twins;)

Which 800cc injectors are you using?

I had PE ones but as the EMB can't adjust injector lag time the car wouldn't run. Just make sure the injector lag time is the same as stock otherwise you'll have to reconsider the ECU

Sorry, not trying to be negative, just want you to be aware of any potential issues :)

Which 800cc injectors are you using?

I had PE ones but as the EMB can't adjust injector lag time the car wouldn't run. Just make sure the injector lag time is the same as stock otherwise you'll have to reconsider the ECU

Sorry, not trying to be negative, just want you to be aware of any potential issues :)

had plenty of time in it so far and had no problems what so ever running sweet can't fault it all points are welcome homer;)

wow cool. is it just paul there now? or has he hired staff? a little off topic I know am sorry.

no worries fella Paul, Shane, Dec and another who i have not seen but very impressed with work and communication between us rang me every couple of days to let me know what was happening:)