The mkiv Supra Owners Club

facelift bonnet release problem

Branners

Hi folks.

When I got my car out of the garage for Suprapod I had to release the bonnet to get the battery clamps off. It released fine but wouldnt shut. If it was slammed down the catches just didnt catch. I eventually got it to close but knew it wasnt right.

I just went to put the car back in the garage and released the bonnet again to get the battery clamps back on and it wont close again. When I put the bonnet down the catch wouldnt even do its first click on the right hand side unless I pushed it very hard.

When I pull the bonnet release it doesnt return back properly and just hangs loose. I have tried pulling it back and forth, sprayed wd40 in to the bonnet mechanisms and the white bonnet release bit but its not playing ball.

Is there a simple fix for this or does it need to go to a mechanic?

thanks

Its probably just stiffened up. A bit more lube and some working and it should be ok.

:yeahthat: You could also try adjusting the catch if as it could maybe have a problem reaching the catch(it could of dropped?). But to start just spray a ton of wd40 on it first and move the release leaver up and down really quickly for a bit.

Has the car been left standing for a while?