The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Half a Supra Badge

SupraSapphire

Some scum bag must have taken a shine to the Supra badge on the back of my car last night. Or at least half of it cos now I've got a "upra"!!!!!! :mad: Scrotes!

What should I do now? How difficult will it be to remove the rest of the badge? It looks really shit at the moment so I'll try and do something with it tonight when I get home from work. What's the easiest way to remove it?

hair dryer, on warm be carefull and heat the glue, then the rest of the badge should pull off, carefull you dont remove any of your paintwork at the same time,

then just order a replacement badge, they arent expensive,in fact, you can have mine if you like, ask dude nicely he might send you it once he's removed it!

its ok for us with major paintwork to get de badged kev, but if you want to de badge when you aint re spreying you get left with some rather ugly holes that they use to fit the badge streight,

you need to have the holes welded up and the panel respreyed coz i wanted to de badge mine years ago...

de badged and de aerial'd deffo the way forward though!

Al is right, the actual Toyota Badge in the middle of the boot leaves two holes when removed. I have had mine removed for 2 years now.

I removed mine around 2 years ago and it does need welding filling and then repainting. I think it cost me £150 to do front and back but very worthwhile in my opinion. Or you could get a Top Secret badge to replace the stock Toyota badge which also looks cool and covers the holes at the same time.

Originally posted by albundy68

its ok for us with major paintwork to get de badged kev, but if you want to de badge when you aint re spreying you get left with some rather ugly holes that they use to fit the badge streight,

you need to have the holes welded up and the panel respreyed coz i wanted to de badge mine years ago...

Originally posted by Kevin Huntley

Al is right, the actual Toyota Badge in the middle of the boot leaves two holes when removed. I have had mine removed for 2 years now.

I removed mine around 2 years ago and it does need welding filling and then repainting. I think it cost me £150 to do front and back but very worthwhile in my opinion. Or you could get a Top Secret badge to replace the stock Toyota badge which also looks cool and covers the holes at the same time.

Thats 3 holes actually Kev :)

Dude:flame Dev

Great tip about the dental floss Kev. I just heated it up with the hairdryer, got the dental floss under it and it came straight off. There are a couple of small scratches/chips where the low life used a screwdriver or something but all in all a great result. I was in such a rage when I first saw it but it's all ok now :)