The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello all from a new Supra owner

Guest spanky333

Guest spanky333

Hi,

Been registered on the forum a while taking notes and gaining knowledge before I bought one.

Today I finally bought one, needs a little TLC but for the price I paid for a 6 speed Twin Turbo with low mileage I think I have done well. :D

I have no pics but this was the advert:

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/697496.htm

Main issue with the car are the nearside rear shock is leaking (according to seller) so the rear near side wheel over any moderate bump in the road hits the wheel arch.

The other one is the drivers seat. The electric slide control does not work properly one rail moves backwards and forwards but the other seems jammed.

Any way Hello and i hope to pick your brains. :innocent:

Mark

Edited by spanky333 (see edit history)

Guest spanky333

Thanks for the Comments. Looks like the rear tyre size should be 265/30/19 dont understand why its only one wheel rubbing though but will investigate over the weekend.

The seat I will remove also have a look whats going wrong. Sounds a pig of a job though.

But the car is pretty tidy for its age and pulls like nothing I have had or been in before. I had a smile all the way home and to be honest still have a smile now. :)

Guest spanky333
On your pistonheads advert is says this:

19" ALLOYS WITH 275-35-19 REAR TIRES AND 235-40-19 FRONT

For 19s You really want 275/30/19 REAR TYRES AND 235/35/19 FRONT

The seller has actually got the details wrong the fronts are 235/35/19. Just seen its on Eibach lowering springs too. All fun and games :)

Guest spanky333

Rears are 275/35/19 from the bit of searching I've seen that it should be 265/30/19.

Would be intrested to see if it is just a tyre issue and not a faulty shock. The car did feel really good on the way home and was not all over the place even driving it home over the pennines in the snow. :rolleyes: