The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back to stock

Benyon

Wheels that is:( Put my good rim's in storage for the winter, The car looks well... just not the same. Anyone done the same?

i used to go over to Germany and Austria a lot with work and this was like an annual event over there, one week you would see all the cars with alloys on, then when i went back a couple of weeks later they all had skinny tyred stock wheels back on for winter, personally i dont bother as unless you have somewhere warm and dry the wheels will be in worse condition when you get them out in spring anyway, i just make sure i rinse the wheels off at least once a week

i used to go over to Germany and Austria a lot with work and this was like an annual event over there, one week you would see all the cars with alloys on, then when i went back a couple of weeks later they all had skinny tyred stock wheels back on for winter, personally i dont bother as unless you have somewhere warm and dry the wheels will be in worse condition when you get them out in spring anyway, i just make sure i rinse the wheels off at least once a week

Like under the bed? ;)

I used to store mine under the diningroom table :D

Is there nothing that can be used to protect the alloys for winter? Iv just bought a new set of alloys and dont see the point in driving the supra with sh1t wheels on for most of the year as weather's sh1t pretty much all year round anyway! Im leaving mine on but would like to know of any protective products if any1 knows of any?? Cheers

Is there nothing that can be used to protect the alloys for winter?

Just clean them regularly. People dont clean there cars often enough over winter, and then complain in the spring because the crap thats been left on the wheels for months has caused damage.