The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HI from yet another newbie!!

Guest Fireblade

Guest Fireblade

Hi guys yes I really should've done this and introduced myself instead of diving in with technical questions!. Anyway I'm Brian G Wells (BG) or fireblade and I have a supra mk4, in fact I've owned it since Feb 1999. It's a manual non turbo although I have the leather interior from a turbo in it. Its a japanese import and only has about 48000 miles (conversion from Kms) and I've looked after it like s baby since I got it. Its always garaged but lately I put it in the driveway with a covercraft fitted cover on it to keep prying eyes away and could'nt believe what I was seeing last Monday morning when I discovered the cover was pulled up over the car and the passenger quarter light window smashed and the door lock cylinder punched by some low life who had tried (and failed) to steal my car. Anway I'll get it sorted out hopfully with some advice from some of the already very helpfull and friendly members here. I'll try and get some pictures of the the car posted soon. cheers B.G. Wells. Fireblade.

Guest Fireblade

yes I have some pictures but none on the digital camera at the moment but plenty of photographs which I'll get my son to scan and log on (beyond me all this computer stuff, I just about know the on /off button!!) so bear with me!

Guest Fireblade

well just got my son to log on some pictures of my supra ...pre theiving dirt bag visit! Any way their just photographs scanned in and not from my digital camera so the quality is'nt as sharp as it should be but you can get the jist. I'll get some new ones in the better weather and when I've the car fixed!

hi i am wanting to sell my supra on the form how do i go about doing this

I think you might need to be a paid-up member to sell your car here. £10 gets you a captive audience of enthusiastic supra owners and would-be owners!

Forum for supra sales is here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Edited by stevie_b (see edit history)

Guest Fireblade

Thanks guys for all the support and warm welcome's, I'm going to contact a windscreen company tomorrow to see what price they can replace my quarter window for. I was going to try and get one from a breaker or maybe from someone here in this club and then get them to fit it as i'ts bonded in. But I'll see if they can get me the window themselves if i'ts possible because although I tracked one down at a breaker over the internet he told me it was clear glass with no tint and the guys are telling me on this site that supra's had blue tinted windows (later ones green) so with this guy saying his window has no tint and is clear I dont want to take the chance and buy it without seeing it. The only thing is are these windows still available new... the car is 1993 and an import? Then I'll have to investigate the door lock damage, what holds the lock cylinder/barrel in to the door from the inside....a clip? bracket? and what's involved in fixing this? If only these theiving peicies of dirt would go and actually work to get something they want instead of just assuming they can have what they never owned we wouldn't have all this bother and expense. Anyway on a lighter note thanks also for the kind comments about my bike. I have three motor bikes and I'll get some pictures logged on so you can get a better look.

Guest Fireblade

Yeah.. your'e right the pictures were taken at Rostrevor., Kilbroney park at a classic car show a few years ago. I'm not very far from nutts corner (I live in Lisburn) Ive looked up their website and I'll give the a ring tomorrow., thanks.