The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Winter Prep?

SimonT

This is aimed at all you guys and gals that put their Supra's away for the Winter etc.

Im just wondering if you put them in the garage and disconnect the battery or just stick them under a car cover and leave them or something to that effect as im probably picking up an old bangor to drive to work over the Winter tomorrow and just wondered if there is anything you guys do to your cars before you stop driving them as i probably wont drive it again until next year unless there is the odd clear sunny day over the Winter!!! :)

Any input would be appreciated!! :D

if you have access to a garage then use it, i used a car cover last year and made sure i hovered out the cover, and washed and waxed the car so that there was no dust or grit under the cover, and when i took it off in march the wind had made the cover rub the paint on the edges of my bumper, roof, spoiler, and bonnet. Needed machine polishing to remove so wont be doing that again

if you have access to a garage then use it, i used a car cover last year and made sure i hovered out the cover, and washed and waxed the car so that there was no dust or grit under the cover, and when i took it off in march the wind had made the cover rub the paint on the edges of my bumper, roof, spoiler, and bonnet. Needed machine polishing to remove so wont be doing that again

Oh i bet you were pi**ed!!!

Ive read a thread on here about cover-zone.com and apparently they are the nuts!!?? :search: