The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA for track use?

jassi_hayre

Hi all

I'm getting the seven year itch - thats how long I've had my NA and its been a real brilliant car.

It may not be as fast as a TT but for regular road driving and motorway cruising its great.

Its never broken down and doesnt cost a lot to run as I had it converted to LPG almost as soon as I bought it.

I could go on but basically I feel like its time for a change but dont want to sell the NA.

I've been wanting to start doing some trackdays and could strip the NA and prep it or should I sell it (not likely to get more than a couple of grand) and use the money to buy something else?

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has setup an NA for track use.

Thanks

Jas

Short answer is - get on a track day and then make your mind up (likely to happen within the first 30 seconds).

I've stripped the interior out of my 5spd NA, put some stock 17"s on, fitted CW fast road pads & braided lines, and fitted an uprated clutch. I did all that before even going on a track day, but I was pretty certain I was going to love it!

If you decide to go ahead with it, take a look at the toyota sprint series for next year. I'm intending to take part and Bazza will be there again, be good to have some more NA Supra competition. :)

Sprint series looks interesting.

I've already upgraded the front brakes to UK spec with braided and want to do the same with the rears as disks and pads are on their way out (dont appear to be many rear uk setups on classifieds or fleabay).

Was thinking of swapping my Jade R 19's for 17's like yourself.

If I want more power (not likely to begin with) then I may look into a nitrous kit.

Guess its a case of getting on to a track to try it out.

Thanks

Jas

Hi there,

Please feel free to pop over to the sprint series forum (just click on my banner below) have a read of the regs. we will be starting the new season in march of next year and plan to have 6 rounds this time. Myself and Pete Betts in his V8 supra are the only ones running currently. Its a huge amount of fun, a great cheap introduction into motorsport.

I am far from the quickest in my class but have learnt so so much about the handling and capabalitities of my Supra.

I will be putting up a report later this week about my experiances trying to sprint race a N/A Supra.

Regards