The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New CW SMIC record - 591bhp

Wez

Hey All,

Just thought I would post up that my car made 591bhp & 523ft/lbs today at SRR, I should have a dyno plot tomorrow to post up as I didnt bring it home with me. Boost was 1.6bar dropping to 1.5bar.

I think this might be a new CW SMIC record ;)

Big thanks to Ryan who did all the wiring for the Solaris traction control, cal switch and helped me fit the Bosch 044 in time for todays mapping :thumbs:

The Solaris traction control is insane, on wet roads in high boost mode I was able to keep my foot planted, the noise is crazy.

:cool:

EDIT: added the dyno plot :D

Edited by Wez (see edit history)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is fantastic Wez. Is the Solaris the reason for the extra brake or is it a combination of that and the new pump?

The car is running slighty more boost now at the top end where it makes peak power. Before was running 1.3bar at 6k and now its 1.4bar at 6k. But this is the limit of the wastegate now as the closed loop PID boost control is really ramping the duty up to get it to hold that at the top end.

That said cars do seems to make more power and torque on the Solaris units as you can just run so much more timing with the fueling be so precise. Once you have got the fueling close with the course option you can then tweak it with the Fine options.

The only cars i have seen produce an AFR curve like this at SRR, is with an S6.

When i get back from Spain on the 4th of November i will be working on getting the PNP S6 sorted including one for the VVTI's.

IMHO you just cant get anything better or even close to the Solaris S6 for the price. The PNP S6 for the supra will be £1199+vat and by the time you have spent all the money on an EMU, Harness's, fitting and then a RLTC it would still be cheaper to get an S6..

The Solaris forum is also now active and for anyone wanting to learn abit more about Ecu funtions or have any questions etc then its the place to go.

http://www.solaris-ecs.co.uk/forum/index.php

Plus all the software etc is available for Downloading now.

I will be adding some log files up soon also for people to see the logging capabities it offers too :cool:

Ryan

I did Brands Hatch on Tues and passed the noise regs with no hassle.

My exhaust is a custom 3" downpipe, 3" cat2 pipe and a tanabe medalion. The wastegate is open but the pipe is 3" and is basically just a silencer with a vband.