The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Getting my car sprayed black

mark uk manual

Iv stripped it and got it ready to be primered and the body shop has quoted me £800 to high build primer and get any inperfections out colour change to black except engine bay, and flat and polish which i thought was pretty good.

Thats a VERY good price, have you checked some of there work before, or is it a friend?

erm.. mine been like for a year ;)

Love the look of yours Heckler. Looks a bit too shiney too be matt black though?

Who did the job, what paint was it and how much did it cost you?

I'd love my Supra in that colour on stock 16s sprayed to match :)

No there's different shades of Black ;) 202 has some white in it -apparently :shrug:

You would be very surprised just what colours go into even base colour paint mixes;)

One thing i would ask if you want it black, is do you keep it garaged, and if not do you like close to a main road? if the answer is yes, then you will be forever cleaning it;)

I live away from a main road. And it's not my daily driver. unfortunatly my dad has the garage for his noble so it will be left outside. But if the paint is immaculate i don't mind cleaning it regulary. Does anyone know the paint code for the black mercedes use on the newer cars. iv seen lots lately and it looks really dark.