The mkiv Supra Owners Club

If the Supra hadnt been invented - what would you buy?

FaithStalker

An RX-7 or Skyline would be my alternatives in the Supra price range.

If I had the extra cash, a Corvette Z06 would be nice - LHD though. :(

A Noble is tempting performance wise, but part of me says its too 'kit car'...

The Audi RS4 would be cool - fast enough and I could fit all my surfboards in the back :thumbs:

I love the Corvette C5 beautiful car, LHD wouldn't be a problem once you were used it. Excellent performance, really reliable and low running costs and so rare.

Also like the EVO 6 & 7 and the Honda S2000 is a nice car.

However as they all cost more than my Supra I might not necessary own one of these cars but in the fun context of this thread would like too.;)

TVR. No ifs, no buts. Since I intended on buying a Griffith 500 HC before I bought the Supra, I'd probably go back to the original choice.

That said, buying one today and credit allowing, I'd probably get a Tuscan :)

I had a vague hope of taking a Tuscan back with me to Australia.. still not out of the question, but a bit more 'dream' than reality these days.

If I were still in Australia, my next car would be a 5.7l V8 HSV GTO (300kW / 450 BHP) or same flavour Holden Monaro (soon to be released here as the Vauxhall Monaro, which my brother has been doing a lot of the design work for the past 2 years, which is the same car these days as the Pontiac GTO in the USA).

Have a look at the GTS/GTO (450bhp standard in the 300kW version - absolutely brutal)

http://www.hsv.com.au/cars/vy2/default.htm

or http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modeloverview?modelid=12001 for the Monaro.

-p

Guest The Flash

Skyline R33 GTR for me. Price is higher than mine at the mo, but looking to either up-grade eventually to a 6 Sp Manual Supe - or jump to the Nissan.

Money really no object - Koenigsegggggggggg (Sp) - It just rocks!:cool:

Options I considered when buying the Supra:

T88 2.2L Stroked MR2 Turbo

BMW M3 Cabrio

Audi S8

RX7

EVO V

Impreza STi Type-R

Range Rover

I kept straying from one to the other, I'm still hankering after some of them but the Supra will do for now.

I saw a Hummer H2 again today though, I still want one of those :(

Pulse,

That said, buying one today and credit allowing, I'd probably get a Tuscan

Don't do it mate, been there, done that and trust me. Nothing but grief....:(

Had mine from new and it broke down 4 times in 3 months... Piss poor build quality mate. See my link for pics...

On the other hand, it is still one of the best looking cars ever built in my opinion...:cool: Especially in reflex purple like my one.

:D