The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying Supra N/A NEED ADVICE

Castle

Does anyone know how fast the '93 SZ N/A will go when derestricted, 0-60 and top speed would be good.

Buying it for £9000, and yeah "i know i should buy a TT" but i want an aerotop and the GZ Aerotop is more like £14000.

Anyway in the future i can get a turbo put on for £3500, puts it upto 350bhp.

Also is it worth me getting an air intake, was going to get the HKS Super Flow. Any good???

Oh yeah my insurance is £850 fully comp, i'm 22 and have totally clean record, is this a good price???

Cheers for any help you can give!!

I suspect most of the stuff you are asking about will already be posted up somewhere - top_search.gif.

Your £3500 turbo conversion might work out a lot more expensive than this too - something to consider if the path to a turbo is something you definately want to follow, add that to the price of your SZ and you are nearly at a GZ Aero anyway so at that point you'll probably be better off selling up and moving on :)

You already have a good air intake - the standard one flows as much as any aftermarket setup, it brings in cold air and it filters better than most - the only advantage on an aftermarket item would be induction noise IMO, money would be better spent on decat pipes and an exhaust system.

Hard to say on your insurance quote, there are too many variables involved to be able to say if it's a good price or not, all I can tell you is that I pay a lot less than that for a modded TT and I'm also in my 20's ;)

When do you get the car? Any pics to share?

I work in Marsh Barton by Maccy D's

It's on it's way from Jap now arriving Feb 20th, some pics on bonsaicars.co.uk, the Bronze/Orange SZ.

I know it already has exhaust sys and veilside kit.

Go and have a look and tell me what you think, i could do with some advice and opinions.

Was wondering who was gonna get that supe! Got my N/A also from Bonsaicars. Are you dealing with Chris? Top bloke.

Excelent company and they sell top quality motors. The only thing ive had go wrong with my N/A is a fuse! (also had to have the wheel alignment done)

Very nice looking supe tho. :thumbs: I also have the same wheels.

P.S ive had just under 150mph out of mine, id say roughly just over 6 secs 0-60.

You've just put my mind at rest, atleast someelse has bought from Bonsai!!

I just spoke to him, the websites wrong still not in till 20th Feb. Damn it i hate waiting!!

Anyway i asked him about the fog light and he said they could bolt it on, but i want it to replace the brake light or reverse light not sure, anyway he said they could do that if i emailed him some info on how to do it, anyone know where i can find this info??

Alright mate, welcome to the board. Nice motor that.

0-60 for an SZ is around the 6.5 mark, top speed is 150ish...

Everything you need or want to know is here already, use the search button :)

A decent turbo conversion will set you back more than £3,500. If you are desperate for an aerotop a TT one might be a better option - if you can find one that is. They only come in auto BTW

Have a look at these threads on NA to Turbo conversions:

:thumbs:

Don't get me started again mate, my girlfriend is sick and tired of me changing my mind TT or Aerotop, i looked at that GZ but decided i want a Aerotop with the option of putting a turbo on in the future, even though everyone i know and have spoke to say's GET A TWIN TURBO!!!!!!!!!

My girlfriend doesn't want me to have a TT anyway she say's i'll kill myself!!

Please do a whole lot of research on turbo conversions before you spend any money, your route will cost you a fortune in the long run. For one thing, think of the resale value of a TT you buy now for 12k and a NA you buy for 9k and then spend 5 or 6 grand on to get it up to a similar power level.