The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RZ, box under passenger seat

Supragal

Didn't you only get an amp with the better sound system- the one with the sub etc or are they all amped up?

The amp that I've seen in the GZs is a black rectangle, mine is about 1/3 of the size and silver...

But thanks, there was nothing written on it so I didn't wanna just yank it out!

My RZ had a small silver amp under the passenger seat. As far as I'm aware, they all do.

Mine was already bypassed when I bought the car. The connector was disconnected and loads of the wires were barely twisted together. It may also already be bypassed if one of those Autoleads toyota to stereo adapter leads is used to fit a different stereo.

James.

• 3 years later...

I bought a 100% original RZ 93. I had a black box aprox. 20 * 35 cm. It WAS an amplifier for the original stereo. You can bypass it simply by plugging directly into the speaker plugs just behid the stereo. I dont know if it was the stock stereo or the amp that ws crap but everything sounded waaaay better after clearing both out and putting in a nice new headunit.

Now its just the speakers. Mine are stock and really really crap. Does anyone else have the same expirience with the speakers?