The mkiv Supra Owners Club

To BPU or not

The Raven

Had my uk spec a little while and after sorting a few issues, (TPS being major) Im still not loving the performance. Dont get me wrong it flys and gets to stupid speeds before i notice it. However its not push in the back of seat type kick to it. As stupid as it sounds its all to smooth the first tubby comes on i notice it the second one is so smooth it hardly feels like its working until you look at the speedo.

Being a standard uk car am trying very hard to leave it totaly stock. Should i BPU it? I understand about £1000 should get it done right. Whould this give me the kick im looking for?

I think you would be wise to if you wont more from stock speed. Im UK full BPU, you will love it. I supose £1000 - £1500 should see you good, as said above you want to make sure everything is in good working order, ie plugs, coil packs, coil pack conector housings, joints and gaskets, radiator and finally your IC.

I was lucky to get a Greddy SMIC from Chris.

Good luck.

Bob.

whats the deal with insurance as far as bpu is concerned?? Bump it up alot or not?

ps sorry for thread hi-jack but it may be usefull :D

Well all i quote regarding mods on my insurance. is wheels, exhaust, intercooler and about 400bhp. I dont think they need to know about restrictor ring do they? :p

I would definitely advise you to go for it. The second turbo really does come to life and prior to that the whole drive is much freer and more responsive :D

I know insurance is VERY variable but mine did not go up that much, but do shop around, I called one who asked "why are you doing this" and doubled the quote and then A plan who only added (if I recall correctly) around £90.

Since then I am with Sky who unlike the first year offered me a cheaper still quote for this year.

Well all i quote regarding mods on my insurance. is wheels, exhaust, intercooler and about 400bhp. I dont think they need to know about restrictor ring do they? :p

Do you need a restrictor ring on a UK car? It's my understanding that a UK car won't boost above stock levels with the cats removed, so you need a boost controller to increase it.

Depends really on the condition of the car, ie intercooler, mileage, clutch etc,etc, bpu will show any weaknesses.

:yeahthat: