The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitted Facelifts to my supra

_Shane_

Well I purchased a set of these last week from Nic, posted

on monday and i had them on wednesday morning, fitted them

that day. All i can say is wow, they really finish off the front

of the soup :) well well happy with them, and i even fitted them

myself too lol :p:p

will get some pics up tomor for ye guys.

Also thinking of adding a carbon front lip and a rear diffuser

to the car, anyone got any input, should i shouldnt i etc ?

Cheers

Well I purchased a set of these last week from Nic, posted

on monday and i had them on wednesday morning, fitted them

that day. All i can say is wow, they really finish off the front

of the soup :) well well happy with them, and i even fitted them

myself too lol :p:p

will get some pics up tomor for ye guys.

Also thinking of adding a carbon front lip and a rear diffuser

to the car, anyone got any input, should i shouldnt i etc ?

Cheers

Yeh the facelift headlights do look good don't they...:)

As you say, get some pics up...lol...:D

A CF front lip would finish off the Supe, looks great but as for the diffuser, personally for me, it looks messy and wrecks the look of the Supe tbh...

• 2 weeks later...

They look great Shane but then again a facelifted front end always looks good :D

Bit of a cheeky question.....what did you do with the old sidelight bulb holders that plugged into the bottom of your old lights? Did you cut them off and fit new facelift loom pieces for the combined indicator/sidelight units?

Edit: I have gone from facelift to UK lights so I have no sidelight bulb holders for the headlight units and I am trying to track some down so I can have normal facelift sidelights and the ones in the headlight cluster.

Cheers

Dan

Edited by dandan (see edit history)

looks sexual!

:)

I wish I could afford a set of these, I hate my headlights lol!

Refurb your own. Takes a little time and effort but well worth it in the end. I have facelifts but i didn't want to butcher them for my angel eye conversion. I bought a set of pre-facelifts... facelifted them and did the angel eye conversion all in the one go.

PS They look great Shane. Even better as they are spanking new!

Refurb your own. Takes a little time and effort but well worth it in the end. I have facelifts but i didn't want to butcher them for my angel eye conversion. I bought a set of pre-facelifts... facelifted them and did the angel eye conversion all in the one go.

Yeah Im fast coming to the conclusion this might be the best step at the moment for me. Ideally I would love to get the inner silver sprayed all black to match the car, not sure how well the plastic lenses will come up though!

ps. sorry to thread hijack! :)

Yeah Im fast coming to the conclusion this might be the best step at the moment for me. Ideally I would love to get the inner silver sprayed all black to match the car, not sure how well the plastic lenses will come up though!

ps. sorry to thread hijack! :)

Get some meguires plastix. Its a slightly abrasive paste that polishes up the lenses perfect. If you are finding that it doesn't do the job simply give them a polish with some 2000 grit wet and dry first. Doing it properly will take you about half an hour per lens (if they are bad). The whole job should only take a few hours and its sooooooo worth it in the end.

I know this is an odd place to ask (sorry Shane - tell me to piss off out the thread if you wish) but do any of you facelifters have any of the little sidelight bulb holders spare for uk or J spec lights left spare....even if they are just cut off pieces with a crappy bit of wire hanging off them?

I know this is an odd place to ask (sorry Shane - tell me to piss off out the thread if you wish) but do any of you facelifters have any of the little sidelight bulb holders spare for uk or J spec lights left spare....even if they are just cut off pieces with a crappy bit of wire hanging off them?

I might have buddy. I butchered a set of pre-facelifts a while back and they are lying in bits in the spare room. I should have the whole assembly including the metal holdy in bit if i do.