The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Custom Airbox :)

Guest dannyboy107

Guest dannyboy107

Ok so one of my clients poped in yesterday and suddenly i had a brain wave, Their a laser cutting company and ive asked the director whether he would like to help me out on a little mission.

Basically im goning to design airbox for a after market filter to fit in (cone shape filter) it will also incorporate the original air ducts coming from below and from the side. Ive read loads about people wanting heat shields to protect the air filter and others saying keep the standard box as thats more efficient so why not have the best of both worlds, i say!!

As i have the NA supra it will be built to fit them, though depending on the success of this and if my clients willing to ill do the same to a TT and single conversions if possible.

Ill post up pics when its made and if people are interested and like what they see ill see if they will make some more for all you lovely people :) and im certain they would be more than happy too.

Guest dannyboy107

Well im going down to their workshop tomorrow they will have a look tell them what i want take measurements and by middle of next week i should imagine they will have one ready otherwise ill black mail them and say i wont send in their tax return :eyebrows:

And ofcourse my membership fee will be on its way ;)

Nice idea, but aren't they all different dimensions?

I take it there'll be brackets to attach it?

Definitely interested as I have an Apexi ready to go :)

this was my effort on a members car (garethevess) its not the best picture i'm sorry, i made about 10 in carbon fibre for different members but i went "out of bussiness" when my source at TVR lost his job (along with the moulds) when it closed, they sealed on the underside of the bonnet, i may have some original drawings if anyones interested, as stated above the problem is there are so many permitations, these were for Apexi filters on a stock TT set up, i was also asked for HKS and Blitz filters and then there are single turbos as well so unless you can do it as a universal type you may struggle to make it worth your while

i87.jpg

Guest dannyboy107

For Dimensions as i say at first it will be for the NA, but i have a local friend who has a single turbo setup and a TT who is interested so ill be using their cars for their dimensions ill post up pics and tech info on them when it comes to it.

The box will be made with a apexi power filter inside (imo the better filter out the lot) and will hopefully use the same brakets used on the original box.

I will know more tomorrow about design and installation when i have words with the people making it.

Theres some good boxes people have made already (thx for posting) but if your like me and have no clue or the tools to make them i say get someone else to do it for me :sly: