The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ball joints !

Dyer864

Hi all !

Just put car in garage for suspension issues , came back with rear shock problem which i've sorted and also alot of play with 2 ball joints, don't know which 2 .

I guess you can't buy the joints but the whole arm, what i recall reading somewhere ! any ideas wot kind of prices these go for , and who's the best to get in touch with to buy from ? (manual j-spec na ) :(

Hi again !

garage been in touch saying there's a lot of play in the bushes in the rear upper wishbone , stating that if he could get inner bushes for it he can do, but may damage the ball joints !

so i've got to order 2 rear upper wishbone arms for this, when i phone toyota(steve manley) do i call them wishbones, or is there a proper technical name & does anyone have a part No. for them ? or does anybody else stock these ?

help much appreciated :search:

When my ball joint was knackered I ordered a new one from Steve Manley but mine was the lower one. I ordered it as a lower control arm.

If you are unsure I am sure there is a link which Nic posted for the parts catalogue which should help you.

Hi again !

garage been in touch saying there's a lot of play in the bushes in the rear upper wishbone , stating that if he could get inner bushes for it he can do, but may damage the ball joints !

so i've got to order 2 rear upper wishbone arms for this, when i phone toyota(steve manley) do i call them wishbones, or is there a proper technical name & does anyone have a part No. for them ? or does anybody else stock these ?

help much appreciated :search:

Here are the part numbers

48770-19025 Rear Upper Arm - RH

48790-19025 Rear Upper Arm - LH

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7499/rearsuspensionepcaw1.jpg

Thanks guys for the info !

Phoned toyota this morn. and asked for price of 1 rear upper wishbone(control arm) have a guess how much ?

£308.81 + vat HOW F****ING MUCH !!! [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

sorry this has got to be a P$$$ take ! :blink:

Cheers nic, i've sourced one from somewhere that will take a week at most, at nearly half the price !

thanks anyway !! ;)

where did you get it from mate, I'd be interested as I think I'm going to have to order some new rear suspension components