The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Enjoyment

Axle

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of you NOT enjoy driving in your Supra as much as you'd like?

If so why?

I haven't used mine since July but I'm back in it this week, I'm enjoying it but not as much as I'd like.

Reason: People get in the way, the speed limits are too low, it has rattles and squeaks, I'm too paranoid to leave it anywhere.

I haven't driven it since early August, but the last drive was very enjoyable.

Things I don't like about driving it are:

1) Parking. I find it difficult to parallel park in the street unless the space is big enough for a bus. Maybe I should've been born female. :search:

2) Driving "spiritedly" when it's dark due to the glare from oncoming traffic.

It's getting a bit old so it breaks, it rattles, blah blah. I love driving it, but having just bought a brand new daily driver, I'm realising how much the Supra has aged, much as I wish it hadn't. God I wish they were still being sold, with a few more tweaks and facelifts...

love driving mine in the dry, really dont enjoy driving it in the wet, the arse constantly breaks away at junctions and roundabouts. Also i hate parking it as even if i park it at the far end of the carpark at tesco's, a hundred yards from the nearest car, when i come back there's always someone parked next to me, usually a MPV with kids toys in the back seat which makes me think a bunch of kids have swung their door into my sup :)

Mines a NA 93 and the book price is nothing, so its not worth worrying about anymore.

Driving it everyday has revitalized my enthusiasm in the car so that can only be a good thing. Keeping it clean is a pain tho and I've lost the incentive to wash it.

I remember a time when my soop had more baths than I did ;)

Now we break even.

I love driving my Supe, it always puts a smile on my face that im driving my dream car...:D

But the bits that I don't enjoy is dodgey people looking and staring at my car and parking it because I dread what has happened to her when I come back...

It only takes some idiot or jealous person to cost you money and damage the Supra...:(

I also don't like filling her up at the moment, she's thirstier than ever! :(

I have also got to watch where I drive as my bumper is so low and so is my exhaust, so im limited to where I can drive and instead,

I may have to take the bloody long way around to get to where I am going...:(

I enjoy mine as I use it every day. The single turbo is I admit, radically different from my old NA, which I could WOT it quite often, a single I find I am constantly checking the road surface, the distance to the next junction etc as it's a different beast to drive. I do miss the manual in the NA, as well as the more responsive throttle (until the tubby spools). Those are the reasons I don't like my current supra, but I enjoy it after 3600rpm :D

Agree with LBM, having a different bumper, car parks and speed bumps are no longer my friend either. Will look into a bumper with good clearance that can still fit a great big FMIC in.

I am surprised in this thread as to how many people have a supra and don't drive it at least once a week or more! Unless you've got multiple cars as toys? Why drive the Supra once in a while because of running/maintenance costs, why own it?

It's like hoarding expensive whiskey. Why? Why spend £100+ on a bottle and never open it or drink it? Life and it's pleasures are there to enjoy whilst you're alive, every day. Not to lock up or look at and just have the thought of enjoying it one day.

Edited by caseys (see edit history)

I enjoy mine as I use it every day. The single turbo is I admit, radically different from my old NA, which I could WOT it quite often, a single I find I am constantly checking the road surface, the distance to the next junction etc as it's a different beast to drive. I do miss the manual in the NA, as well as the more responsive throttle (until the tubby spools). Those are the reasons I don't like my current supra, but I enjoy it after 3600rpm :D

Agree with LBM, having a different bumper, car parks and speed bumps are no longer my friend either. Will look into a bumper with good clearance that can still fit a great big FMIC in.

I am surprised in this thread as to how many people have a supra and don't drive it at least once a week or more! Unless you've got multiple cars and only drive the Supra once in a while because of running/maintenance costs, why own it?

It's like hoarding expensive whiskey. Why? Why spend £100+ on a bottle and never open it or drink it? Life and it's pleasures are there to enjoy whilst you're alive, every day. Not to lock up or look at and just have the thought of enjoying it one day.

I drive mine everyday unfortunetly...:(