The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for 6-Speed Single - Help Needed

TOMMO-RH9

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I was hoping to get some advice from you regulars.

I'm looking to buy a Supra 6-Speed with a single turbo. They seem to have come down a fair bit in price recently due to the credit crunch, so I feel I could be in for a bargain as they've always been out of range before.

There was a T88 White 6-Speed that sold in Ireland recently that i just missed out on. On e-bay I've seen this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-RZ-6-SPEED-DOG-BOX-BLITZ-KKK-TURBO-650BHP_W0QQitemZ320308477233QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320308477233&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I'm not too bothered about the cosmetics, I just wanna get the right spec (6-Speed and a big single). I know that this is the sort of spec I want, but I must admit i'm not to familiar with the Supra.

What do you lot think of this car...is this the right sort of price at the moment for this level of spec on the car?

Cheers

:)

have you seen this car in person?

do you have something around this sort of price with the same sort of spec? like i said...gonna change everything cosmetically anyway...but the spec is important. this seemed like an excellent price to me...does everyone disagree? happy to hear anyones opinion on this...

cheers

Thats been for sale for a while which makes me think it cant be very nice, if its not to far and you could live with the awful colour then it may be worth a look at that price, take somebody with you who knows supra's would be my advice, i doubt its anywhere near 650bhp, from the videos id say its under 500bhp.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

yeah i'll definately take someone in the know! it has come down in price quite a bit. just thought it looked fast with a good spec list...whatever i get, i'll be changing the colour and bodywork. may go and see this one - or might wait to see if the price drops even more lol!

have you seen this car in person?

do you have something around this sort of price with the same sort of spec? like i said...gonna change everything cosmetically anyway...but the spec is important. this seemed like an excellent price to me...does everyone disagree? happy to hear anyones opinion on this...

cheers

no i have not seen it but i have a good eye with being in the import business.. a colour changed single for 11k with 650ps -

something says walk away from it but i am very fussy.. but am sure others agree credit crunch or not 11k 650 6 speed supra = something is up

no i have not seen it but i have a good eye with being in the import business.. a colour changed single for 11k with 650ps -

something says walk away from it but i am very fussy.. but am sure others agree credit crunch or not 11k 650 6 speed supra = something is up

I completely agree with you.

The least I would do before taking pictures of the engine bay would be to wash it.

but am sure others agree credit crunch or not 11k 650 6 speed supra = something is up

so does everyone agree that this is too cheap? obviously dont wanna pick up a dog...but quite handy with a spanner so maybe it could be a bargain. will do some research on the seller and have another look around.

cheers for the offers jamie and edge! :thumbs:

so does everyone agree that this is too cheap? obviously dont wanna pick up a dog...but quite handy with a spanner so maybe it could be a bargain. will do some research on the seller and have another look around.

cheers for the offers jamie and edge! :thumbs:

id say in my experience its just too cheap and something does not fit the bill - get yourself a 6 speed tt for bewteen 8-10k...

it might be a bargain but i cant see it :search:.

for a good single 6 speed with good and the right mods expect to pay from 13500k up over

so does everyone agree that this is too cheap?
No. But I think we agree it's bloody horrible and over stated.

If that car is 650hp or has dog box I'll eat my hat.

(Not that you'd want a road car with a dog box anyway.)

If you want a 6sp big single you'd almost have to buy tooquicktostop's one. It's the best one I've seen for sale for ages and very realistically priced for such a well done car.

I'm tempted to buy it myself but I can't afford the divorce.

Edited by Jake (see edit history)

buy a single that cheap , you will need another loan to fix it .There are single's and there are singles, as jurgen says you pay for what you get. A good setup is in the region of £15000 to £20000. When i mean good , i mean you wont have to spend you hard earn pennies to fix it for years, not days.