The mkiv Supra Owners Club

may have a supra this weekend!!

Guest k15tox

but it all depends on the car obviously........

i have now decided its time to part with my r33 skyline

for something a bit more a cruiser, im going to look at a 94 auto n/a.

ive used the search link and heard something about valve stem oils seals.......is this a common problem? or is it more associted with the tt's?

is there anything else i should be looking for problem wise?

also i know the n/a are 225hp (quite a bit less than my car now!)

what are the figures? 0-60, top speed and fuel comps?

many thanks

kyle

Welcome matey, The oil seals are on the Turbos so thats nothing to worry about if your buying a N/A, 0-60 is something like 6.5 secs IIRC? Might be worth saving for a TT if your worried about the power. There is not much that can go wrong on a N/A, Just look for the normal signs when buying a car.

Not sure about the top speed but there is not much difference between the TT and N/A when it comes to fuel.

Use the search button, All these topics have been coverd many times before :)

Good Luck.

a few pics of the skybus

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh56/k15tox/skyline023.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh56/k15tox/photoshoodt2271.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh56/k15tox/skyline002.jpg

he's wanting to part ex......my car has a few tiny rust bubbles on the arches so im willing to let it go cheaper

having been the turbo route, ive now made up my mind that i much prefer n/a power, hopefully looking to put a 1uz engine in it, from a soarer. or possibly a chevy ls1 mated to a manual box[GRIN][/GRIN]

ive used the search link and heard something about valve stem oils seals.......is this a common problem? or is it more associted with the tt's?

The oil seals are on the Turbos so thats nothing to worry about if your buying a N/A.

Not sure about the other TTs on here, but on mine, the valve stem oil seals are on the valves, not the turbos ;) ;) ;)

The turbo seals are also a worry to us TT drivers though :D

In response to the orginal question, I honestly don't know if NAs suffer valve stem seal issues as the TTs do - I've only experienced ownership of one mkiv Supe.

Welcome to the club btw and good luck with your search :)

Hi and welcome mate,as said nice skyline:)

i live in edinburgh, im an active member of skylineowners.com, been to a few meets at strathclyde, and there were a few supra owners there[GRIN][/GRIN]

just wondered if youd done any joint meets?