The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bodykit help

jimmy_supra

During the winter months I want to change the look of my supra, currently stock body. I was thinking of getting a do luck front end the 2nd gen 1, veilside skirts and a trial rear end and possibly some veilside overfenders with it all smoothed in and a complete respray. :eyebrows:

Where is best to source these parts? Also does anybody know of any good bodyshops that will carry out this kind of work to a good standard without breaking the bank. I don't want to do it on the cheap but within reason.

Would be nice to find a place local (chesterfield) but I am willing to travel and leave the car for as long as it takes, as I will not be needing it over the winter.

In addition to the above a brake upgrade from the j-specs and a suspension overhaul are in order any advice? :)

Edited by jimmy_supra (see edit history)

I have just gone throught the exact process you are beggining with the same kit except the over fenders. I sourced replica ones which are perfect :) and cost £650 for front, sides and back. Will put up pics as soon as finished, hopefully this week end :p

where from?

i will never use replica body kits again best if possable / affordable get the real thing imo. i learnt the hard way :)

I have just gone throught the exact process you are beggining with the same kit except the over fenders. I sourced replica ones which are perfect :) and cost £650 for front, sides and back. Will put up pics as soon as finished, hopefully this week end :p

Sounds good not sure I will go with the overfenders yet just an idea, i'll have a look at your pics and decide if they are needed. Thats pretty good of replikit to come and fit it themselves, did they do this at the bodyshop you had taken it to?

No good with 18's then, i'm guessing your not a fan of the overfenders. :)

I was thinking more about the width, rather than diameter.

You don't want your wheels to look rather *piddly* underneath a puffed up bodykit.

Having said that- overfenders with the right wheels can look good :)

I was thinking more about the width, rather than diameter.

You don't want your wheels to look rather *piddly* underneath a puffed up bodykit.

Having said that- overfenders with the right wheels can look good :)

I see that is a valid point certainly one worth thinking about before I commit to anything, :p

As has been said before- buying cheap anythings, but in your case bodykit bits isn't usually the best thing to do do. You've no doubt heard the phrase -

*buy once, pay twice*?

Fitting costs can indeed go up if you kit just doesn't fit very well.

My Do-luck Front and Blitz side skirts are original and fitting was relatively straight forward- however my Trial Rear was not original and the bodyshop sent it back twice to manufacturer- and even the 3rd one they sent was a ba*t*rd to fit.

As has been said before- buying cheap anythings, but in your case bodykit bits isn't usually the best thing to do do. You've no doubt heard the phrase -

*buy once, pay twice*?

Fitting costs can indeed go up if you kit just doesn't fit very well.

My Do-luck Front and Blitz side skirts are original and fitting was relatively straight forward- however my Trial Rear was not original and the bodyshop sent it back twice to manufacturer- and even the 3rd one they sent was a ba*t*rd to fit.

My original thoughts were to buy original bumpers and get replica sideskirts as a friend of mine has bought a few sets from car mad styling on ebay and they have all fitted fine. I have found a du luck trader but I am yet to find somewhere that supplies genuine trial rears. :search: Any ideas?

My original thoughts were to buy original bumpers and get replica sideskirts as a friend of mine has bought a few sets from car mad styling on ebay and they have all fitted fine. I have found a du luck trader but I am yet to find somewhere that supplies genuine trial rears. :search: Any ideas?

Dusty from MVP can get you a genuine Trial Rear.

As said, the Trial Rear of Replikit is nice, but fitment is far from straight. Although mine looks great now, I needed 2 days of work on the bumper to have it fit correctly.

Dusty from MVP can get you a genuine Trial Rear.

As said, the Trial Rear of Replikit is nice, but fitment is far from straight. Although mine looks great now, I needed 2 days of work on the bumper to have it fit correctly.

replikit fitted one to my supra (ask replikit for photo's) and tbh it fitted really and took them 30mins.

if you really must buy a replica go and see it and get them to fit it (its free fittement)

replikit fitted one to my supra (ask replikit for photo's) and tbh it fitted really and took them 30mins.

if you really must buy a replica go and see it and get them to fit it (its free fittement)

Too late now :p

Thanks anyway ... good to know for next time :)

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers for the good responses, I know what I am doing bodykit wise now. Now the hard part can anyone recommend a good bodyshop for fitting and spraying possibly a complete respray. I live near chesterfield. I am prepared to travel a little way and obv leave my car for as long as it takes to do a good job. :)