The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new supra....

Guest jimmynewsupra

Guest jimmynewsupra

hi lookng to buy a supra, seen one for £4500, 60K import i think. Says it needs ball joints doing. Any rough ideas how much would cost??

Guest jimmynewsupra

hi its N/a 3Ltr Auto 1995 60K pretty sure its an import... Sorry should have been more specific.. is this a good price it looks pretty clean? And if you could give me an idea of ball joint costs for repair would be great so i can knock him down!! :D:d:d:d

Too right Chris. I paid £3.5k about 4 months ago for my NA manual, and the auto's are cheaper.

I'd look around a bit more Jimmy as you will find a much better deal that won't need any work doing at all

hi its N/a 3Ltr Auto 1995 60K pretty sure its an import... Sorry should have been more specific.. is this a good price it looks pretty clean? And if you could give me an idea of ball joint costs for repair would be great so i can knock him down!! :D:d:d:d

It will be an import mate as the only UK models were TT

Guest jimmynewsupra

Ok guys thanks v much for all your help. to be honest i def need to do more research before i buy!! i will have a shop about i think and find somethin a bit nearer 3.5K coz theres a few about. Thanks again for your help

hi lookng to buy a supra, seen one for £4500, 60K import i think. Says it needs ball joints doing. Any rough ideas how much would cost??

This does NOT sound like a good deal at all. I would expect a mint NA auto be be around 3.5K max. Also the ball joints are £340 from Toyota per side although you could get them cheaper from the likes of Paul Whiffin etc. You could also be looking at a hefty charge for labour as it took a garage a full day to get mine out and then had to cut it to pieces as it wouldn't budge!!

Take your time, loads of cars out there and some good prices in the run up to Crimbo........;)

H.