The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash Colour

Guest SUP_R_G

Guest SUP_R_G

Has anybody purchased those dash kits on ebay and the like before?

Needing a bit of tlc my dash does and seen cars with them silver so just wondered what is the easier option?

Stick on kits or DIY paint job?:search:

Well, either way you'd need to remove the dash. Adhesive breaks down after time and the edges can peel, a good paint job will last though :) You'll also be able to get a more accurate colour match as you can choose from a far wider specturm of colours. There is probably a 'how to' guide on here for painting if you do a search.

If you really want to go up-market you can send your dash to Nic for a really tidy carbon weave finish :cool:

Guest SUP_R_G
here is a pic of mine with ebay dash it was ok but now its been sprayed i think it looks much better.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w21/woolm1000/100_1102.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w21/woolm1000/101_0118.jpg

thats cool, think ill do that when i get round to mine soon. which leads to my next problem, how to remove the thing in the first place:blink: anybody care to help me lol

Well, either way you'd need to remove the dash. Adhesive breaks down after time and the edges can peel, a good paint job will last though :) You'll also be able to get a more accurate colour match as you can choose from a far wider specturm of colours. There is probably a 'how to' guide on here for painting if you do a search.

If you really want to go up-market you can send your dash to Nic for a really tidy carbon weave finish :cool:

No you don't...

I have a CF dash weave stick on finish and mine fitted fine and I didn't remove the dash to do it, everyone is different to how they do things though...:)

Or for a closer look:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=165064

dsc00535pq3.jpg

dsc00536ut5.jpg

dsc00534fy0.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

dsc00539yo4.jpg

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)